GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yeah reset that on board pc when ever you want to recheck your MPG. Like when you go on a highway miles trip.

Here's what I do. When I am getting ready for a 60 mile highway ride I let the vehicle warm up. THEN when I pull out of the driveway I reset the pc to see how I do on a highway trip.

For Highway driving I get 20 MPG+. BUT it all averages out and overall I am getting around 15+ mixed city/highway.
    So really the vehicle gets around 15. BUT a LONG HIGHWAAY trip I do good at 20+.

These rigs do great in the snow and light off road, IF you get some decent ALL TERRAIN TIRES. I have a few folks up here at tahoe that say the AWD VAN does much better in the snow than their CHevy/GMC pickups and SUV's.

Good Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by jampg View Post
    Cool. I didn't realize you can reset. So I reset yesterday morning. It's back to just over 14 in the city.
    As far as the AWD. Holy Crap... its awesome. Taking off from the light in the snow is pure fun. I love being next to a 4X4 and leaving them in the snow dust.
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

Jr. Apprentice

My stock General tires are not that great when I 90 degree turn on snow. I need to remember to slow down for that. I see what you mean.

On the next road trip I will reset and check highway milage. Thanks.
    2011 Chevy Express 1500 AWD
    Pin Striped, AVS Bug Shield, Rear Splash Guards

These were the tires that came on my 2010 savana. General Ameritracs http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surve...irePageLocQty=

After reading through the reviews on TireRack and speaking to some Express/Savana AWD owners around Lake Tahoe that initially had them, I decided to immediately sell them and the wheels. I got $500 for the tires and GMC wheels. I called around town one day to local businesses like Plumbing co's Airconditioning heating co's and I sold them in a half hour. I am glad I did. Folks told me some bad stuff about them. Particularly in snow and rain, plus they don't last anyway.

Worst rated tire on tire rack. Be careful if you have these General Ameritracs. I only had them on for 200 miles so I can't give a full evaluation. I did however drive them twice in a thunderstorm and once while getting on the freeway accelerating on a sharp turn ramp that enters the freeway I b roke traction. I didn't like that. I had new wheels ordered right after I got the vehicle so I just got rid of them. The BFG's have been very nice. LOL Any AT tire toyo, GY, bridgestone etc, would be better than those Ameritracs. I wanted Peace of Mind as I drive off road frequently and in snow. I am happy i dumped them.
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

Let's keep this thread going.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

New member. Just got a 2000 Express LS 5.7 passenger van.

Getting about 13.5 MPG mixed hwy and town with full load.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nellie1.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	31544

96 Silverado Ext Cab with 5.7L crate engine - 13+ in town driving
    Charlie
    96 Silverado Ext Cab SWB 5.7 Vortec

Update:
    After a couple of months MPG is between 11.5 and 13.5 depending on the right foot! Average is around 12.5. All driving is around town with some hwy and always with a full load of tools.

Aloha!

With my new 5.7 goodwrench crate engine, I am getting 13.5 to 14 around town and I just got 19 on the highway at 75 mph through the mountains of Virginia and West Virginia.
    2001 GMC Savana SLT

John 8:31-32

averaging right around 15 lately... do much better highway... 20 +

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Bought my 2002 conversion van in early November. With the 5.7, 3:73's & 235-70-15 tires I got 18.5 mpg's with cruise control set to 65 mph on 2 hour highway ride home. Since then I've added taller tires. Don't know what kind of mileage I'm getting now.

Looks like I'll need to put in 4:11's to get my final drive ratio back to stock. Hopefully this summer + a TrueTrack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast