GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default cb mount on 03 silverado

Im looking for a place to put my cb antenna. Im going to be getting a fiberglass tonneau cover so i cant pit it on the bed rails and i don't want to put it on the outside of the bed. I want to put it across from the fm radio antenna. I found a bracket thats made to fit there but im not sure what type of antenna fits in it. Here is the mount,
    Accessories Unlimited AUGM2-L S S Hood Channel Mobile Antenna Mount for GMC Chevy.
    Any advice on this or other mounting places would be awesome.

Jr. Apprentice

Alot of your mounting options are going to depend on what type of cb antenna you are mounting, and then length of the antenna. Each type/length is going to have a different sweet spot on the vehicle for getting good reception and swr settings. You can always get a good heavy duty two or three base magnet mount and mount it to the top of the cab of your truck.

I had a mount similar to that on my BelAir, but located in the trunk gap. It worked great with a 64" whip, but I'm not sure you'd want to put that in the front of your truck. Like abn75 said, the magnet mount antennas work great, such as a K40 or Wilson.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

i wanna do something similar but what i was thinking is placing it in the driverside corner of the bed closest to the cab and be like "Breaker Breaker" and hauling more with my 2500 HD and BE like >:D my truck doesmore. but on the roof in the bed all preferences still cool ideas,