GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Dropped Alero

Default Dropped Alero

So I put my first few mods on my alero over thanksgiving break..Dropped with KYB GR-2's and Sprint lowering springs, blacked out and debadged (aside from front bumper)

Car is filthy...was 50 mi in the middle of nowhere down a dirt road during install..overall I'm happy with the drop, it handles MUCH better than stock...Tested on wet/freezing winding mountian roads with no speed limit and no traffic

Now in dire need of some new rims
    Before:

After:

Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

Looks nice, what kind of rims/ tires are you looking to put on? The tint looks good too
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Looks good.I like the tailights!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    Looks nice, what kind of rims/ tires are you looking to put on? The tint looks good too
    I was looking at some 18" black Boss 328's...but I heard some bad things about boss rims so now I'm keeping an eye out for something else I like
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSilverStepside View Post
    I was looking at some 18" black Boss 328's...but I heard some bad things about boss rims so now I'm keeping an eye out for something else I like
    If you buy your rims new and have a warranty on them, I wouldn't worry about BOSS rims. I have 325's on my truck, and am very happy with them. The only problem I've had is that one had a bit of chrome start to peel last winter while they were in storage. The other 3 were in the same conditions and held up fine. If I had bought them new, they would have sent me one of the 3 left in the world at the time at no charge to replace it even though they were a couple months past the 1yr warranty. However, the guy I bought them from couldn't find his receipt, so I was SOL. As long as they are new and have a warranty for anything that might go wrong, I would suggest BOSS, and their customer service is great too.

2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck