GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I think you all are right, and hopefully soon I can pattern this gun and see what my effective ranges are. I do like the option of two different chokes on the O/U, which I think will give me an advantage on the 5 stand over the pump. But that 870 mounts so well...
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Trap, Skeet, SPorting Clays is good fun but not as much fun as shooting the real clay "BIRDS" Try Shooting some Ducks, Pheasant, Chuckar, Geese, Quail etc. Plus you can eat em. CLay you can't eat.
    I got into shotgunning about 5 years ago and enjoy the shotgun range and trap/skeet/sporting clays but the real fun for me is waterfowling. I started with an old 870 express and picked up a Benelli M2. Benelli has the Sweetest shotguns. My M2 is a bird wacker.
    I use a wheelchair and waterfowl from my kayak. It works pretty good. I'm in the kayak in the tules in this pic.
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

I only use clay targets to pratice for the real deal!! I went duck hunting last saturday for the first time this year and got me 2 drake Wood Ducks and there is not much that can touch the sight of a duck just folding from the perfect shot and then cooking that bad boy up for dinner!!

________2013 4C Rated__________

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    We have two remington 870 express 12 gauges and a winchester 12 gauge semi-auto. I love using any of them! Its more of a challenge using the pump guns when shooting multiples but the semi-auto is a blast to shoot!
    That's funny, I didn't mention it but I also took an 870 out and gave it a go. I really only shot it at about 5 clays, though. The one I was shooting is a gun my dad picked up from the Texas State Guard for a law enforcement price a few years back. The barrel was far too short for clays but I wanted to give it a go. I think that with a longer barrel, the 870 would have been a lot better for trap and skeet.

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post

I started out with a Mossberg 500 and then moved up to a Stoeger 2000 and then to a Charles Daily Field & Stream and then to a Franchi Elite O/U and now my baby, a Beretta Urika 2
    Sounds like you've gone through quite a few. I like the look of that Urika 2. I guess you're really liking it. I may have to look into that gun myself. I want a good trap gun that is going to be worth keeping and passing on but that isn't going to break the bank too bad. At about $1000, that seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSilverStepside View Post
    I shoot sometimes...I use a little different technique though...
    LoL! I love that commercial. I dig the dress too. The funny thing about the range that I've been going to recently is that you see a bit of that. Not as traditional as in that commercial, but certain a bit more than jeans and a t shirt. I like it though, makes me feel classy. If I feel like being country, I'll just go out to a friend's ranch and throw cow patties up for shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    I actually got to shoot some skeet in Hawaii one time! It was pretty cool and they had throwers set up all around the mouth of the volcano! I bet Hawaiikid knows what I'm talking about haha
    That sounds awesome! I would love to do something like that. I always enjoyed going to one of the military ranges in Guatemala. Shooting at a range that used a volcano as a backdrop was the epitome of 'badass'.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    Vincennes' thoughts:: trap gun... headers... trap gun... headers...
    LoL! Close. More like: trap gun....headers...spray in bed liner....AR15....trap gun....headers....spray in bed liner.... AR15.

I actually just sold my 1911, so if I combine that money with some Christmas money, hopefully I can knock a few of these things off my list. That is, until you guys put more ideas in my head (uhhum.... reloaders...) Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Winchester View Post
    Don't be worried about reloading. Once you get the hang of it you won't want to stop... I reload around 4000 to 5000 rounds per year with pistol, rifle and shotgun...If you need any info just ask or use the web. There is some great info floating around out there.
    That sounds great actually. I appreciate your offer for advice. What I REALLY want to do is reload for pistol. I feel like I would save the most money there... About how much does a reloader usually cost?

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    I only use clay targets to pratice for the real deal!! I went duck hunting last saturday for the first time this year and got me 2 drake Wood Ducks and there is not much that can touch the sight of a duck just folding from the perfect shot and then cooking that bad boy up for dinner!!
    I'm jealous! I've never been. My grandmother actually called me yesterday from Arkansas to tell me that the farmers have flooded their fields and the ducks are starting to come in for the year. She grew up on a farm around Stuttgart so she knows all about it. Of course, (as she noted) in her day it was just a matter of walking out the door or asking a friend if you could hunt on his land. Now its fees, out-of-state hunting license, etc. That's why I haven't gone yet. Too busy spending my money to find some to allocate for a duck hunt. I would love to have a mallard up on the wall, though!

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

And if you guys would slow the heck down, I wouldn't have to post such a long post to catch up! Hahaha...

Jr. Mechanic

Shooting sports are great fun for the whole family. Up here when my friends cant find me they can almost always assume I'm in the garage cleaning my guns and preparing the meat from the last hunting trip I went on. I'm a firm believer in "don't shoot it unless you're going to eat it" when it comes to critters. The only problem I find is that since my Skooter(Dog) died I have to bring a fishing pole with me every time I go duck,goose, or crane hunting.

Keep it Safe. Have Fun
    /***********************************
    2006 Chevy Silverado 5.3L Z71 Crew Cab
    Additions:
    Viper Auto Start / Security System
    PIAA 520ions ( Mounted in grill now )
    Magnaflow Cat-Back
    6000K HID Low Beams
    Homemade Projectors
    Definitely more to come
    ***********************************/

It sounds like you live a very entertaining life. I actually just added "ice fishing" to my bucket list so I'm certainly going to have to make a trip somewhere up north at some point. I have a good friend who currently lives up in North Dakota so I may just have to give him a visit.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    LoL! Close. More like: trap gun....headers...spray in bed liner....AR15....trap gun....headers....spray in bed liner.... AR15.

I actually just sold my 1911, so if I combine that money with some Christmas money, hopefully I can knock a few of these things off my list. That is, until you guys put more ideas in my head (uhhum.... reloaders...) Haha.

Well, apparently I wasn't able to wait for Christmas. I broke down and finally got my bed sprayed with Line-X the day before yesterday. It's hard to drop $500 on something like that but I love it! really adds to the look of the truck a bit too (not to mention the functionality).

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    Well, apparently I wasn't able to wait for Christmas. I broke down and finally got my bed sprayed with Line-X the day before yesterday. It's hard to drop $500 on something like that but I love it! really adds to the look of the truck a bit too (not to mention the functionality).
    When I got my truck a couple of years ago, the dealer down here was giving a discount coupon where it only cost you $100 to get the bed sprayed by Line-X with a new truck purchase. I lucked out because mine was already sprayed when I got it, but I'm sure I paid for it somewhere in there. I would have still gotten it, even if I ended up paying full price.
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

That's a GREAT deal, Sal! I wish I had received some sort of offer like that. Either way, I'm just happy I finally got it done. It's of one of those things that I REALLY wanted but that I REALLY did NOT want to spend money on. LoL.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123