GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hello I am Jerry...

...and I'm new to the club. Actually joined and started a thread earlier today (11/26) and got tied up 'til now. I have BLACK BOWTIE BLOOD: Black 2000 TAHOE LIMITED, Black 1987 K5 BLAZER (CHVYDUTY), Black 1987 CALLAWAY TWIN TURBO CORVETTE CONVERTIBLE (2TURBOS) with black Grand Sport wheels, and a future Black 1951 CHEVY STEPSIDE in the works. Just added a great big dash of salt to all these with a White 1991 CREW CAB 3+3 DUALLY (JERRYRIG)...that I would drive all the time if it didn't like gas SO much. It will be used to pull my Black 7 X 16 LEONARD ENCLOSED TRAILER with a Black with red flames 2004 FATBOY BLAZIN BONES EDITION (BLZN04). Only way I could afford to acquire these was to shop around, buy/sell right, and work on my own stuff as much as possible. I retired from the Air Force, work part time for LEONARD BUILDING AND TRUCK ACCESSORIES and do odd jobs, hauling, scrap recycling, etc. I live in North Carolina east of Raleigh...in Goldsboro. I really look forward to learning a lot and am slow to share unless I am sure about what I am talking about. Thanks for your welcome in advance.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey Jerry, welcome to the GM truck club. I gotta say I like your color choice on your trucks/Vette.. black, black, & black..lol My favorite car/truck/mc/atv color.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Thanks for the welcome Stephan. I see you have a 3500 truck. Mine is my newest "love" if you will. First "dually"...and never thought I would have one. Especially now with gas the way it is and how much this big block likes it. I would like to sip a few more MPGs out of it. Bought it from an original owner horse farmer. It has high gearing with a manual for towing and I don't need that much tug. Would like advise on a compatible over-drive and appropriate gearing. I will get pics around of my stuff eventually. Again, thanks for the greeting to an obviously tremendous site.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hey Jerry, If you're happy with your trans as it is, you might want to check out Gear Vendors overdrive units. It would be cheaper to re-gear the rear end but you said it is already "high" geared. I almost bought a gear vendors od, but ended up swapping out my turbo 400 3 speed automatic for a 700R4 with the overdrive for the mpg. The gear vendors will let you split gears "under" & "over" so you won't need to do anything to what you already have & still end up with a wide range. Big blocks respond to the same mpg mods as the small blocks but you will always be 2 or 3 mpg behind as far as engine mpg, but the od will definitely help in the overall battle.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Yeah welcome to the club jerry! Glad to have you and your rides!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Welcome , whoa! cool rides
    2003 Silverado Z71 Extended Cab 5.3L, K&N air filter , Flowmaster exhaust , Blacked -out Bowtie , leather interior , up-graded to 17's

Welcome to the site!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Welcome to the club, Jerry.

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast