GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Post your most embarrassing moments here

We all have them, those things we do or situations we find ourselves in that leave us embarrassed, red-faced and wanting to disappear. I've had several in my life and I am sure you all have too. There is only one rule for posting please. They have to be real. Fact is often better and funnier than fiction. Here's one of mine.

When I was in my early 20's I enjoyed a few beers (usually 20 or more at a time). Well one time I was on company business travelling away from home and stayed in one of those cheap motels where the front of the room is mostly glass and has the heating/ac unit under the window. Several friends were travelling with me and we ate pizza in my room around 5:30 pm. We left the room with the lights on and the curtains opened. Sometime that night I came back to the room completely wasted and sat down on the bed looking out the window. Apparently, sometime after that I decided to get more comfortable and took off all my clothes and laid back on the bed with my legs hanging over the side toward the window (you remember, the window with the curtains open). With the lights on I was easily visible from outside my room....you know.....the one on the first floor, at the corner of the hotel, the room right next door to the Waffle House. Amazingly I wasn't arrested for indecent exposure and wasn't awakened by my friends until 8 am. By then they had taken a number of photographs through the window of me "airing it out". They claimed they led tours by my window all night too. Thank goodness that was before the days of digital photos and Youtube. This I do know, as I was leaving my room two ladies who were cleaning the room next door laughed as soon as they saw me. For months at work after that copies of the photos they took would mysteriously show up at my desk, on the announcement board, at office parties, etc. Over and over I got to relive my embarrasing moment. The only positive thing I guess is that this happened during the summer so there was no "shrinkage" to also worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by caddiac View Post
    Well, I smashed my finger with a hammer and split it wide open, set myself on fire getting second degree burns on my left arm and leg and could have damaged my kidney's by overdosing on asprin. Most of that was before I was 7 years old.

Everything kinda went down hill from there.
    rotflmao! hands down, you win!

Back in '85 I bought a Modern Talking album.

-J

Legend
    Blog Entries

When I was 17 & my parents got back from their vacation two days early & found me & my gf in bed together, & several days & nights worth of beer cans all over the house. My dad didn't say a word, he just closed the door, & we could hear them mumbling in the other room. The hard part was laying there for an hour or more, trying to think what we were going to say when we finally got the nerve to go face them.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

When I was 16 I thought I was in love with this gal named Sandra and went with 2 of my friends to do a drive by one summer evening when we spotted her outside. We had a $2 pack of Black Cat firecrackers (which was a lot back then) and the plan was to light them and throw them into her yard. I had no A/C and the windows were down. All went well till I lit the firecrackers and tossed them out the window and they flew into the back seat where my friend Butch was sitting. It looked kinda like the slow motion scene from the Bonnie and Clyde movie for a while. Firecrackers went everywhere.....burning us, burning the seats, filling the car with gunpowder smell and paper, and, worst of all, Sandra laughed her azz off at us and told all her friends how stoooooopid we were.

2009 Tahoe LTZ (Blue Granite ext/
    light & dark cashmere int)
    5.3L Vortec V8 6 speed trans.,
    HD towing, Leather interior,
    20" chrome wheels, chrome door
    handles/grill/mirrors, & CD/DVD w/Bose.
    2010 Silverado LT Texas Edition
    (Black ext/Light titanium-ebony int.)
    5.3L V8, 6 speed trans, HD towing,
    handles/grill/mirrors, CD, Raptor 5"
    Magnum nerfs, & Speedliner bed liner.

Quote Originally Posted by caddiac View Post
    Well, I smashed my finger with a hammer and split it wide open, set myself on fire getting second degree burns on my left arm and leg and could have damaged my kidney's by overdosing on asprin. Most of that was before I was 7 years old.

Everything kinda went down hill from there.
    LMAO! Too funny!!
    ~Janet~
    My rig: 1993 Suburban K2500 & 16ft stock trailer.

OK horsewoman....fess up on your embarrassing moment!

2009 Tahoe LTZ (Blue Granite ext/
    light & dark cashmere int)
    5.3L Vortec V8 6 speed trans.,
    HD towing, Leather interior,
    handles/grill/mirrors, & CD/DVD w/Bose.
    2010 Silverado LT Texas Edition
    (Black ext/Light titanium-ebony int.)
    5.3L V8, 6 speed trans, HD towing,
    handles/grill/mirrors, CD, Raptor 5"
    Magnum nerfs, & Speedliner bed liner.

There are so many... I wouldn't know how to choose which one to share.
    ~Janet~
    My rig: 1993 Suburban K2500 & 16ft stock trailer.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by backcountry horsewoman View Post
    There are so many... I wouldn't know how to choose which one to share.
    You could tell them the one you told me about a couple weeks ago. Oh wait, you can't cuz it's rated higher than PG-13 lol.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

im trying really hard to think of one for you guys....its not a "most embarrassing" moment but pretty embarrassing from the stand point of the age i was at the time... it was when i was either 11 or 12 a couple of friend and i were showing off on our bikes for some girls going off jumps and all that, well i went off the jump and landed with the front wheel sideways, and the handle bar end went in to the gut area cutting a nice big hole in me. needless to say the girls werent very sympathetic they thought it was hilarious
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast