GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default suggestions for what amp to go with

so im putting together my system for my 2004 ext cab silverado. i got to 10" alpine type r under the rear seat. They are both the dual 4 ohmn resistors. I am trying to figure out the best amp or amps to go with. I have gone to some stereo shops some say to run two with a max rms of 600w and some have to told me to run a 2 channle 1600w rms. Any input or siggestions would be great.

Thanks

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

As talked about before The Alpine Type R's are 600 watts RMS 1800 Peak..A good True Amp that is 1000 Watts + would be a good $800+ I always recommend The JL Audio 1000/1v2 1000 Watts RMS ALL DAY at 11-14 volts.... Or if you are only running one The JL Audio 500/1v2 They have been known to be 550-600 Watts RMS...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

well i'm a true heart rockford fosgate ... run both subs and amps ... kicker would be my next choice as far as brand. I'd buy it online, local shops can carry hefty prices.