GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Sr. Apprentice

Default 240,000 mile Suburban and not sure what to do next

My Suburban just hit 240,000 miles and im kind of at a crossroads as to what to get her next. i was thinking of LED's but not sure what else. Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails suburban.jpg   bertha river.jpg   bertha dock.jpg   11343.jpg   11342.jpg  

how about some nice fog lights and a Back up camera with TV !!!!!!!

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Looks like you could use a new front bumper. Have you upgraded the spider to true MPFI?
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Sr. Apprentice

I guess your right my front bumper is lookin a bit "used" and what did you mean by the (spider)? The backup camera would help a lot seeing as the window tint is so dark i'm almost relying on comlete faith that i dont hit anything when i back up.

hes talking about your fuel injection...the spider is the fuel rail..MPFI is multi port fuel injection...but overall nice clean truck
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

Sr. Apprentice

Oh, gotcha about the "spider", will that make a noticeable difference and how expensive is that to do?

its pretty pricey...usually over 1,000 new..you will notice a difference

The new spider made tremendous improvements. Lucy (the Tahoe) was not running great. She was quite moody powerwise. Some days she went like the wind, other days a little slower. The idle was rough, but the biggest problem was the cutting out. It started out worst as she warmed up. Be cruising along and she felt like she lost all fuel pressure for a half second. Was getting a random misfire code, so I replaced the ignition coil. No improvement. Kept driving it. Changed the fuel filter hoping it was full of rust, water, and garbage. Nope, clean as a whistle. Towards the end, it would hitch on the highway at steady speeds, and one time felt like it was skipping pulling out onto the road. A friend of mine said it was sounding more like a spider all the time. I was expecting to lose one or two cylinders as it died. Anyhow, I went ahead and replaced the spider. It idles MUCH smoother. Around town driving, low speed acceleration is much smoother too. Never realized how rough it was. No major seat of the pants hi RPM improvement to report, but it was always decent.

I can't report MPG change, never tracked it before. The expectation is probably a slight drop. The Vortecs were tuned to run lean from the factory. One of the reasons these engines last so long. The slightly richer mixture is part of the smoothness.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSilverStepside View Post
    its pretty pricey...usually over 1,000 new..you will notice a difference
    Wow, that's high. Maybe at a GM garage?

The part should cost you about $400 at AutoZone. GP-Sorenson with Delphi injectors. Took me maybe three hours. And I wasn't hurrying by any means.

All I have to say is that you have one clean burb! I would never guess it has 240,000 on it! I'm kinda leaning towards bigger lift

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Quote Originally Posted by 2COR517 View Post

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

Wow, that's high. Maybe at a GM garage?

The part should cost you about $400 at AutoZone. GP-Sorenson with Delphi injectors. Took me maybe three hours. And I wasn't hurrying by any means.
    That was just previous prices when I was looking at summit

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by