GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 285/75 17 on Stock rims w/leveling kit

Hi all! I'm new to the forums and just got an 08 1500 WT. I have already purchased the ReadyLift 2.25 leveling kit. My questions... Will 285/75R17 Nitto Terra Grapplers fit on the stock rims? Will they rub? If so, would a 17x8 with 4.5 bs make it not rub as much? Anyone have any pics of this combo???

Thanks for any and all replys, I look forward to sticking around and learning a bunch of new info!

Thanks,

Kaleb

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome to the Club and congrats on your new ride!! You should not have any problems at all. I was running 285/70/17s without a leveling kit and had plenty of clearance. I also ran them on my stock rims as well as my new tires (315/70/17s) are on my stock rims now, so you should fine there too with the tires fitting on the rims.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

PS..post some pics soon!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

X2 what mfleetwood said , you should be fine with that combo.

They'll fit fine..I just added the 2.5" level on the front and went with Mickey Thompson 305/60/18's
    2003 Silverado Z71 Extended Cab 5.3L, K&N air filter , Flowmaster exhaust , Blacked -out Bowtie , leather interior , up-graded to 17's

Like everyone else said ,they will fit.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

A 285 75 R17 is a 33.9" tall tire and about 11.2" wide and everyone thinks it will fit just fine. I have the 2.25" level kit and looking to maybe run a 305 70 R17 which is the same hight but 12" wide. Would this tire fit with no rubbing like the 285 75 R17's or is the extra width going to cause for triming?

________2013 4C Rated__________

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    A 285 75 R17 is a 33.9" tall tire and about 11.2" wide and everyone thinks it will fit just fine. I have the 2.25" level kit and looking to maybe run a 305 70 R17 which is the same hight but 12" wide. Would this tire fit with no rubbing like the 285 75 R17's or is the extra width going to cause for triming?
    I think it would be awfully close. When I had my 2.25 leveling kit on and ran 285/70/17s, I had plenty of room, but the 305 tire size is over an inch taller in diameter and almost an inch wider. This may be a situation in which you will want mount one up first before you commit to a purchase. If it does end up rubbing, I can't imagine it being very much, so it may be worth the larger tire size to you still if the rubbing is minimal.

I have a love/ hate when picking out new tires. I dont want to waste the money going too small, but dont want to go too big that I have to worry with trimming. I guess the mounting 1 tire would be the best bet in this case.

Legend

Blog Entries

Probably, unless someone here is running the same set up and can let you know for sure. It's a big investment and you definitely want to be happy with something you spend that much money on and will be attached to for tens of thousands of miles. Once I made my decision on where I was going to purchase my tires, I had the tire shop try on a couple of different sizes before I made my final decision on which tires I was going to purchase....and I was happy that I did. I ended up not going with my first choice, which was a slightly smaller tire.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 11-30-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Thanks for all the reply's everyone! I'll get pictures of the truck up as soon as I can. In other news, my ReadyLift leveling kit came from the UPS guy yesterday!! Can't install it until next week though as I'm taking the truck to the dealership to check out before the warranty is up.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by