GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default My Chevy Cobalt SS

I have owned 2 Cobalts in my day. I had an 05 Lt, then i realised i wanted the SS so i traded it in for an 06 SS. i bought the car fall of 06, New/Used. Had a new car title, but it had 2500 miles on it. It was the owners car, his demo. but the warrenty didnt start until i purchased it which was nice. it listed for just under $25,000. i purchased it for $16,500.

fully loaded, and it has the limited G85 package, which gave you a slightly upgraded trans with an LSD, Recaro racing seats, and an overall slightly lighter car.

For those of you who dont know this car has a supercharged 2.0 4 cylinder. and puts out 10-11 psi stock. GM way under rated the car i believe for insurance purposes. they claim it make 205hp at the engine. me and many other Cobalt owners have put down 215-220hp at the wheels

I am very much into cars and trucks of all kinds, lowered lifted, fast slow, import american made. i just like things done tastfully but to the extreme at the same time.

Well here is my car with only 12,400 miles on it, and a fully built motor (with internals) currently pushing 25psi, on 116oct. race gas. last dyno pull was at only 18 PSI on 116 oct. and it had 320ish hp and 315tq

This car was built by me and my crew in house, and we also painted it.

Wow, thats one of the nicest Cobalts I've seen, no joke. I like the "Chevrolet" on the valence, its different. Must be a nice daily driver with 320 hp haha. What kind of mpg's you get w/ all the work you've done to it?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Shes alot of fun, it is more like 400hp we think now but we will find out soon enought once she gets back on the dyno. I get almost 40mpg at 60mph with the cruise set. but then again i am paying $5.80 a gallon lol

Damn, 400hp and 40 mpg, not bad at all, I wish i could get that kind of mileage haha. Is the engine modified so much that it can only run on 116 oct or can you use regular 93 oct pump gas?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Legend

Blog Entries

Very nice!! I could only imagine how that screams with the hp in conjunction with the weight.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    Damn, 400hp and 40 mpg, not bad at all, I wish i could get that kind of mileage haha. Is the engine modified so much that it can only run on 116 oct or can you use regular 93 oct pump gas?
    IT could run on pump gas just would have to retune it for that. but it makes so much pwer on the 116 haha. its not a daily driver i only put a few tanks a year thru it so its not that bad. this year i think i only put 1,500 miles on it and now it back in storage.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Very nice!! I could only imagine how that screams with the hp in conjunction with the weight.
    yeah it actually does scream... i rebuilt the blower to obtain more RPMs safely as they cant spin a 2.5" pulley safely. the Sc makes a really loud noise here is a video of it 2 years ago on 93 octain and only 20psi and you can really hear it

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

since that video has been made it started to get blow by (bad rings) so we built the internals at that point. now it has all forged interal (pistons crank and rods), neutral internal balance shafts allow up 9000 RPM safely, New custom made longer duration cams, dual coin valve springs, bates 1mm oversized valves, adj. cam gears, larger injectors again, 116 oct tune, header, catless dp, full 3" exhaust, head studs, ARP rod bolts, cometic head gasket, and when we put it back together it got all new bearings, valve guides & seal, new chains, and chain guides so its like a new motor.

Piston, dual coil valve spring and new cams

new forged piston and forged rod

Custom built axels for the car (no produced to the public because of me haha)

the layout in front of the car

motor about top be torn down