GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Wheel and tire fit question

First time truck owner here, also new to the forums.

Just got an '09 silverado 1500 4.8L 4WD crew cab and have a question regarding wheels/tires.

Looking at the stickies I found this: http://www.wheelsforless.com/gm1500_trucks.aspx
    which is a recommended sizing chart for 1500s.

My question is: what size wheels/tires are on the truck stock? and secondarily, can I put any of the wheels on my truck now that don't have a lift/level requirement per the website above?

I am trying to learn about wheel/tire terminology (and have a few sources to help) but was wondering what I'd need to purchase in addition to the wheels/tires to make a fit.

e.g. I'm looking at 18x9 ATX thug wheels with 33" nitto terra grapplers. Would this fit on the truck now or do I need to get a lift/level and/or wheel spacers?

Confused,
    MJ

Legend

Blog Entries

Vehicles come with a variety of rim and tire sizes. Enter your VIN number to the below website and you will see the list of RPO codes for your vehicle. Scroll down on the list until you come the letter "Q" which is where you will find your stock rim and tire size.

33's with that rim width would be too close for me to call (someone else may probably know for sure), but I think you may need to level. Also, rim offset/backspace need to be factored in as they also play a part in fitament.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

this is exactly what I needed to know -- thanks!

Legend

Blog Entries

You're welcome!