GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Have you checked out Diablos Trinity?

I was also curious if a programmer like a Diablo Trinity would allow you to set your speedo to accomodate 265s.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Have you checked out Diablos Trinity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    I was also curious if a programmer like a Diablo Trinity would allow you to set your speedo to accomodate 265s.
    Well, since i already have the edge Evolution CS programmer i will see if it works, i am painting the dash pod mount and then i will install it. I am thinking that i wont e able to adjust to the tire size since GM did not put the paramiters in the computer to adjust for a tire size that was never offered for this vehicle. i wonder what the reasoning was for only offering the dinky little 245's
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    I would say yes because it does with the predator (which I have) and the trinity has many more options and upgrades.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Well , after the interior paint dried on the Edge Dash pod mount, i installed my Evolution CS programmer/monitor. i set it to level 2 (Economy-everyday driving) I then entered my new tire size (265's)
    it appears to have taken the info. when i took a test drive, there was a noticeable power difference and the speed on the monitor was slower then the dash speedo indicated which means the edge is showing Real speed.

Last edited by marko54; 12-02-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Legend

Blog Entries

Congratulations on getting all this done so quickly! You may want to double check the tire size again, because with larger tires your vehicle speedometer should read slower than the actual speed. Since your Edge is reading slower than your truck speedo, something just doesn't seem right.
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 12-02-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123