GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Towing mirrors on 1500 question

Im thinking about getting the 2500 tow mirrors and putting them on my 2009 1500. my question is, does everything hook up and work properly . my truck has power and heated rear view mirrors now.
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yep it is a direct bolt and swap as long as you get power heated towing mirrors.. there are a few guys that have done this on here.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

X2....On what Murdog94 has mentioned,about Power and Heated Mirror's bolting up.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

I am looking at doing this in the near future on my '08 1500. I have also researched that if you have the DL8 mirrors which are power and heat and you get the tow mirrors that have power, heat and turn signal that all the wires are already there for that. Are you going to go the OEM mirror or a company like Kool Vue?

________2013 4C Rated__________

Legend

Blog Entries

Just installed the Kool Vues...everything hooked right up easily and fits nice. Turn signals and mirror adjustments work, but I still need to test the heater part (haven't thought about how to do that yet though). So far, I am very impressed with their function, features, and especially the added overall look to my truck.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Hi everyone

I'm picking up the K-Source tow mirrors for my 2006 Sierra (SLE2 Nevada) 1/2 ton. They had the 'heated, power, w/signals". We tow alot during the spring and summer and had to get pair for towing our trailer. The stock mirrors just don't cut it, even if you pick up the slip-on mirrors. I find the vibrate a little too much.
    One question about the mirror harnesses on the Sierra. I pulled the passenger mirror away from the door on the weekend and noticed the stock wire harness was zip strapped, and tucked up into the mirror so I couldn't find the electric connections. Are the two connections for the stock mirrors inside the mirror or tucked away behind the door panel? Just trying to sort it out before I recieve the mirrors.
    Thanks

Tony
    2006 Sierra-Nevada Edition SLE Crew cab 4x4 short box
    5.3Lt 3.73 rear Automatic
    28-ft Travel Trailer for all those family vacations

Quote Originally Posted by tbolivar View Post
    Hi everyone

I'm picking up the K-Source tow mirrors for my 2006 Sierra (SLE2 Nevada) 1/2 ton. They had the 'heated, power, w/signals". We tow alot during the spring and summer and had to get pair for towing our trailer. The stock mirrors just don't cut it, even if you pick up the slip-on mirrors. I find the vibrate a little too much.
    One question about the mirror harnesses on the Sierra. I pulled the passenger mirror away from the door on the weekend and noticed the stock wire harness was zip strapped, and tucked up into the mirror so I couldn't find the electric connections. Are the two connections for the stock mirrors inside the mirror or tucked away behind the door panel? Just trying to sort it out before I recieve the mirrors.
    Thanks

Tony
    Tony........Are you asking about the connection from mirror to the wiring harness connection??...if that is what you are asking then below are a few of pictures showing the connection for the mirror's....so you can see what you are looking for and where they are located.

Hope the pictures help you out.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 10-12-2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Added infor.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE

Default wire connections

Thanks for the reply

Yes, I'm wondering where the wires disappear after they leave the mirrors into the door. Behind the door panel ?

Here is an image of the harness leaving the mirror. My first impression was the connector would have been located here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside door for mirror connection.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	21650

Thanks

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tbolivar View Post
    Thanks for the reply

Yes, I'm wondering where the wires disappear after they leave the mirrors into the door. Behind the door panel ?

Here is an image of the harness leaving the mirror. My first impression was the connector would have been located here.

Name:	inside door for mirror connection.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	21650

Thanks

Tony
    Ya.....the wiring drops down the door panel...just a a little bit...and then you'll see the Connection......you will need to remove the door panel to get to it.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE

Default larger image of wire harness

Hi

I've attached a larger image.

Name:	inside door for mirror connection-lg.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	21652

The connector must be behind the door panel ?

Thanks

Tony

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast