GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default my 89 silverado project. I have some leveling questions

Im redoing a 89 silverado 2wd 2500 at the moment. I dont like how high the rear sits but im trying to avoid lifting the front because its 2wd. if anything I would rather lower the rear probably about 2 inches bc im trying to give the truck a prostreet look.
    *any suggestions guys?

and also I just found a 6 lug 16" wheels by 10" wide that i like that im considering running what size tires would be smart to run on those?

thanks guys

McGaughy's can probably hook you up

http://www.mcgaughys.com/7387.html

this page says the kits are only for the 1/2 ton models but If you call them up I'm sure they'll point you in the right direction. Welcome to the club BTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Legend

Blog Entries

Welcome!!!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Welcome to the club. If McGaughy's or Belltech don't have a rear lowering kit try removing the overload spring, thats if you don't tow anything heavy. Also I think 16X10 wheels are to wide for a non-lifted truck. I would go with 16X8's.

well i dont haul anything right now but id like to be able to haul things with it ocassionally. And the reason im looking at these 16x10's is because I can get a set for 130 bucks used off a friend. but hey thanks for the heads up guys and what about a shackle drop?

The shackle drop is what Belltech or McGaughy's may have. I can't ever remmember us installing a shackle drop on a 2500. It's been a few years but I think the guys in the shop would remove the overload spring to lower the rears on the 2500's.

Welcome to the site!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

dang and id really prefer not to lose that spring because I may want to haul things with it.

Well you could add airbags to compenstate for the overload spring when hauling heavy loads. Also let me say one more thing, every truck is differant and some are lower than others after removing the overload spring.