GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Looks great. Good choices.

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 4x4, Crew Cab
    6.6L Duramax Diesel (LB7) with an automatic Allison 1000 5 speed.
    Spray-in bed liner, S&B Air Filter, Homemade CAI ram scoop, ball hitch for Gooseneck
    Black toolbox, metallic-black bowtie, 5.5" NV-200C Bumper Off-Road lights behind a blacked-out grille
    285/75R16E BFG A/Ts
    Future Upgrades: Exhaust, CAI, programmer, intercooler, torque converter

looks very good, also looks like you had to trim the plastic on the lower part of the bumper. definately gives it a better more aggressive stance.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

That DOES look great! I really like the improved look.

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    I like those a lot as they hug up to the rocker panels. Someday I will be replacing mine with that style. There are a couple of companies that make them, I know n-fab was one and now I am drawing a blank on the other. You may want to look around some and see if you can find them cheaper.
    Go Rhino! has a line called the Dominator II that is similar. Not sure about the price difference but it may be worth looking at. I really like that style of side step too, though. It would be a great choice for you.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    That DOES look great! I really like the improved look.

Go Rhino! has a line called the Dominator II that is similar. Not sure about the price difference but it may be worth looking at. I really like that style of side step too, though. It would be a great choice for you.
    That's it! I need to write that down someplace. Thanks for the memory jog!

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Looks great, black rims and a leveled look make it stand out.
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

looks great but definitely has me second guessing my next tire choice. I currently have 265 70 17s on there now. I just bought a rough country 2.5 leveling kit and don't have it installed yet. I was going to go with 295 75 17s on stock wheels. Those 285s look like they are tight and you have an extra inch of lift than I will. Have you had had it off road yet? Does it look like there will be any issues when the suspension is working?

nice looking truck!

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD:sign0011:
    6.0L Vortec
    Magnaflow 4" Dual Exhaust
    Leveling Kit
    Westin step bars
    Penda Skid Resistor bed liner
    dark blue metallic
    Bak Industries plastic bed rail caps
    Alpine 6 1/2" SPS-600 in front
    Alpine 6 1/2" SPG-17C2 in rear
    Bilstein HD Shocks front and rear
    Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs LT265/75/R16
    Access Lorado Roll-up soft tonneau cover

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    That's it! I need to write that down someplace. Thanks for the memory jog!
    Haha... I've got your back, Mike. No problem.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I'm very happy with how it turned out!

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    I am loving it! Are those Ballistic wheels??
    No, they're American Eagle. Here's a link: http://aewheel.com/eagle_alloy_wheels.cfm?id=448

Quote Originally Posted by burhead View Post
    looks great but definitely has me second guessing my next tire choice. I currently have 265 70 17s on there now. I just bought a rough country 2.5 leveling kit and don't have it installed yet. I was going to go with 295 75 17s on stock wheels. Those 285s look like they are tight and you have an extra inch of lift than I will. Have you had had it off road yet? Does it look like there will be any issues when the suspension is working?
    I haven't been offroad yet. When I do it would be nothing major (2WD), probably just a few aggressive back roads. It doesn't look like I'll have any issues unless I decide to go balls to the wall nuts out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    Thanks for the tip! I found it and looks the same to me. Price is about the same too. Between Go Rhino and N-Fab, is one better than the other? Its hard to tell in the pics but I would prefer to go with which ever one is less 'glossy' (if there's even a difference)... I prefer a flat black.

Honestly, I think it's going to be a matter of personal preference if the price point is the same. They are competing products and I've heard positive testimony from folks who have installed both brands. Unless I've completely missed something, either product should do you well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast