GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default lowered or lifted....

which do you prefer....
    2000 single cab short bed 1500 w/ 6.0 vortec maxx swap from a 2006 2500, custom intake, slotted brakes, shorty headers, 8mm wires, electric fan, strait piped, 4.5 inch lift, asp pulleys, true dual through body exhaust, built trans w/ shift kit, custom tune by efi alchemy...320rwhp

Lowered offcourse.......

Lifted,not a fan of lowered trucks,although a couple of days ago i did see a nbs Silverado lowered and thought it looked pretty good.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Not even a question in opinion...just look at my sig...
    2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab
    8in ProComp Suspension Lift, 4in Shackle Flip Kit, 3in Performance Products Body Lift, 17x9 Moto Metal wheels, 35x12.50x17 ProComp Xterrains, K&N cold air intake kit, Custom 3in exhaust, GoRhrino Black spring loaded steps, Truxedo Bed Cover, "SS" style Instrument Cluster with blue pointers and Trans Temp Gauge, JVC indash touchscreen DVD player, 2 MTX 10in subwoofers, Sony Xplode 1000watt amp, Radio Shack CB with dual black whips, Optima yellow top battery

Legend
    Blog Entries

Stock to mild lift (no more than 6inches) since you take away a trucks fuel economy and also alot of the durability with a lift.. And i get around just fine in a Z71 at stock height and i go most places guys with lifts dont want to go.. Its all about picking the right line and driving it with a bit of care and a bit of insanity at the same time.. HAHA
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Stock to mild lift (no more than 6inches) since you take away a trucks fuel economy and also alot of the durability with a lift.. And i get around just fine in a Z71 at stock height and i go most places guys with lifts dont want to go.. Its all about picking the right line and driving it with a bit of care and a bit of insanity at the same time.. HAHA
    I Should have been more specific when i said lifted.My truck will be high enough for me once i get my 285s on.With my Bilsteins ,readylift rear blocks and the new rubber i will have lifted my truck 4 inches in the front and 3 inches in the rear which will be as high as i want to go.I like looking at the 6 " and higher lifted trucks but i wouldn't want one
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Mild lift , never cared for low trucks , just a personal opinion. I want to be able to use the truck if I need to ( hauling and off road)
    2003 Silverado Z71 Extended Cab 5.3L, K&N air filter , Flowmaster exhaust , Blacked -out Bowtie , leather interior , up-graded to 17's

Sr. Apprentice
    Black River Falls, Wisconsin, United States

i like lifted same with the lowered they just dont seem right.
    My truck doesnt accecpt donations it drinks em

Depends on the truck. I think 1999 and up trucks look better lifted, but the older C10s and trucks from the 50s look good lowered. Also depends on the body, regular cabs look better lowered but ext. cabs and crew cabs look good lifted, IMO. But if I had to pick just one, I'd go for lifted.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    Depends on the truck. I think 1999 and up trucks look better lifted, but the older C10s and trucks from the 50s look good lowered. Also depends on the body, regular cabs look better lowered but ext. cabs and crew cabs look good lifted, IMO. But if I had to pick just one, I'd go for lifted.
    YA i agree with you on the 50s trucks looking good lowered.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast