GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Not a fan of this kit at all. It does nothing to address steering components or LCA's. Sorry to rain on the parade, but good luck with it none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout07 View Post
    Not a fan of this kit at all. It does nothing to address steering components or LCA's. Sorry to rain on the parade, but good luck with it none the less.
    Just out of curiosity....I know the ReadyLift SST comes with UCA's, strut spacers, diff drop, rear blocks and U bolts and the site says nothing about steering, lowers or break lines. How could they sell that kit if it does not work?? I know RC moves 3" kits everyday and I have seen first hand how bad that kit is, but ReadyLift? Just dont know everything about these kits and trying to learn. Would the SST be better for 2WD NNBS than 4WD??

________2013 4C Rated__________

Companies will sell anything and everyone should be aware of that with the notorious RC 3" kit. But on the topic of the RL kit, lets start with the diff drops. I don't know how thick they are but in pics they look the same as Rough Country's, which are 1.5". That would make sense due to the front cross member being in the way. Im speculating, but if that's the case the CV's are esentially maxed out, and I feel fairly certain that that is the case hence the need for the new UCA's.

RL obviously addressed the issues of the UCA's sitting on the droop stops and the ball joints being at harsh angles, but what about the LCA's and their ball joints. What about the tie rod ends? Those are still in the stock location and now have 4" of additional angle, which will equal to very accelerated wear. Think about it like this...the generally acceptable safe maximum leveling is 2" to prevent harsher angles and accelerated wear. RL created a kit that band aids the problems I mentioned with the UCA's and they dropped the diff as much as they could to help ease CV wear and binding. But thats it. They made a kit that will simply work and they are charging a fortune for it. Their big push is that it's completely bolt on because they know that other 4" kits that are properly engineered have you cut the front cross member and install a new dropped crossmember that corrects the LCA angles and also allows clearance for a more suitable diff drop. True 4" suspension systems also address the TRE angles with new knuckles.

I see it like this. The RL kit is a high-priced and glorified leveling kit that will cost you more in the long run. I was inticed by the low price tag of the Rough Country 3" kit when it first came out and I didn't know any better, and I see this as more of the same crappy design.

Thanks for explaining that Blackout!! You made me do some more research on the 4" ReadyLift and was reading their warranty and what a joke!! I love my ReadyLift level kit and would recomend it to anybody, but WOW! right in the warrant it says any of thier lift kits other than a Jeep kit is not intened for off road use. What is the point?? I am now looking at the 4" BDS or the CST 4.5" lift spindles. Thank you for stopping me from making a mistake in the future.

________2013 4C Rated__________

their kit is nice, but they want entirely to much for what it is, you can almost get a full 6 inch suspension for that price
    2008 TAHOE LT, volant powercore, superchips programmer

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Thanks for explaining that Blackout!! You made me do some more research on the 4" ReadyLift and was reading their warranty and what a joke!! I love my ReadyLift level kit and would recomend it to anybody, but WOW! right in the warrant it says any of thier lift kits other than a Jeep kit is not intened for off road use. What is the point?? I am now looking at the 4" BDS or the CST 4.5" lift spindles. Thank you for stopping me from making a mistake in the future.
    Spindles are a much better option. There is actually a thread about this on GMFullsize right now discussing problems with the RL kit. I think a couple of guys there are switching to spindles too.

Which RC 3' kit are you guys saying is bad? I was looking into it for my 99 K 1500....or are you talking about one for a newer truck?
    1999 K1500 Ext Cab, Short Box
    5.7L 350, K&N CAI
    Mangnaflow Cat-back True Duals
    Tuff Country 2.5" Lift w/AAL's
    VVME 35w 4300K HID's (Low)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123