GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 Last Post byLast Post by

with the 285's on my truck im down to 14-15 city/highway driving
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

My 94 yukon gets about 13-15 mpgs with her factory engine that has tick.
    1994 GMC Yukon, 2 door, Victory Red
    Garage Link: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...1994-GMC-Yukon

I just took a trip from VA to NJ. All highway driving I got 19.2 mpg. So I am happy with this. I have since disconnected AFM. Next road trip I'll post. Around town it doesnt seem to make a difference. still getting 15-17 mpg depending where I go and how many times I pull the boat or trailer.

Took a trip to Layton/Ogden Utah from Bakersfield Ca recently, and averaged 17.205mpg. That was calculated and not DIC. I have a RC leveling kit, 285/65/18s (Falken WildPeak AT's), a BakFlip solid bed cover, and a K&N intake. Mostly highway except while in the Ogden/Layton area. Had myself, and my sister plus luggage, my 12" sub, and my tool box. Was also the trip that I had a valve spring let go. Average speed was 73mph according to my Garmin GPS. Not too bad if you ask me.

I get about 15 around town and 18 on the highway with my mostly stock 6.2 the only thing I've added is a K&N air filter. We only have 91 octane around here
    2010 Silverado 1500 LTZ 6.2L

I have a 5.3, 4L60e with stock computer in my 59 Apache Suburban. I was getting 20 highway before I replaced the rear gears. Went from the low 3's to a 2:83. Now getting a solid 22 mpg. At 70 mph I'm turning 1600 rpms. Works good towing as well. This is a torquie little engine.

2010 Silverado LTZ Ext Cab, 6.5' bed
    5.3L, 6 speed auto, 3.42 rear end, 18" wheels

A few updates:
    - around 40K miles my mileage went up significantly (highway drive going from ~19mpg to ~21mpg) with no changes on my part
    - around 50K miles I had to get new tires; unfortunately, I have the 18" rims but wanted to go to a higher load range tire than the original (original tires are 4 ply); going to load range E tires that are slightly taller (1") than originals (Toyo from Les Schwab) lowered my mileage quite a bit. I am getting closer to 18 hwy where I was getting over 21. I expected this, but it was a bit disappointing.

I recently took a trip from Evansville, In to Cedartown, Ga I averaged 19 mpg

I've averaged 16 MPG in mixed driving since new on my '11 Silverado Ext. Cab 1500 Z-71 (stock Z-71 Appearance Package wheels (18") and tires). With the '09 Silverado Ext. Cab (w/ 20" wheels) I had, I was lucky to get 14.5, pretty much the same routes/driving style (but a 6spd tranny in the '11 vs. the 4spd tranny in the '09)...Of course, those numbers are what the DIC is telling me; haven't done the hard math to see what I'm truly getting. And now that it's winter here in Capitaland (Upstate NY), the winter-blend fuels do affect mileage, as does running in 4WD, etc. (And we're getting reminded that we ARE part of the snow-belt pretty hard already this year!).