GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HID Color

Default HID Color

I am trying to decide if I want to go for HIDs for Christmas and want to know if anyone has suggestions for what color to go with. I want the brightest and whitest look. I'm leaning towards the 4300, but would like to get other's opinions. I don't like the blue'ish color that you see on a lot of vehicles.

I was looking on vvme.com which Rotaryenginepete included in his write-up (which is a great guide ), but am having a hard time picking a color. If anyone has pics of their HIDs lit-up, I'd appreciate it. It's hard to pick colors based on the bulbs themselves.

4300k will give you the best light output and will look the least blueish in color.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

OEM car manufacturers equip their cars with 4100k to 4300k HID bulbs which produce the most daylight-like light output, so if you want to stay away from the blue'ish color (which is pretty much anything 5000k and higher) 4300k should be just right. Anything lower say 3000k and your getting into fog light color.
    2007 Silver Birch Metallic Sierra Classic SLE Crew Cab Z71
    Line-X bed liner
    Putco box rails
    Truxedo Lo Pro QT box cover
    Cloud-Rider grill inserts

Thanks. That's what I was thinking, but also have a hard time seeing the 5000 and 6000 color. They look similar. Also, does anyone know if with DRLs I need the harness for both low and hi beams if I do both in HID?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I have 6000's in my Fogs with a 35watt Ballest..They look very white.. Al you can see them in person on the 19th....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I have 6000's in my Fogs with a 35watt Ballest..They look very white.. Al you can see them in person on the 19th....
    I hope I do.
    I wasnt thinking about the fog lights, but should I consider doing all 3 (lo/hi/fogs)? That might be slightly over the budget, but what's Christmas for?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I found mine for $40.00 for the whole kit on Ebay The best $40.00 I have ever spent... Even the wife said good buy....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

That's a great price. I always thought HID kits were in the $200 range until I read Rotaryenginepete's thread. They were $55, but are on sale. I'm hoping my wife will say the same thing.

Congrats on the ROTM nomination. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I found mine for $40.00 for the whole kit on Ebay The best $40.00 I have ever spent... Even the wife said good buy....
    That is a crazy cheap price!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

vvme.com is having a sale through the end of the month. I priced out low beams with the harness for DRL for $50, and high beams for around $30. I may even replace my fog lights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast