GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Best place to buy used tires and wheels?

Hello everone, I was wondering were the best place for me to pick up some used tires 33's and wheels 17's for my truck beacuse their is not alot in the classifieds on GMtruckclub.com Thank you

Runnerboy23
    *2010 Chevrolet 1500 LT
    *extended cab Long bed
    *Line-X bed liner
    *Rough Country 2 inch leveling kit
    *k&N Cai 63
    *Bullydog gt
    *custom A-pillar
    *17 Hoss XD
    *BF Goodrich Mud terrain KM2 285/70/17

Legend

Blog Entries

I regularly check craigslist just to see what's for sale in my area and always see plenty of tires and rims. I would give that a shot.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

junkyard
    and there are tire recycling places in every decent sized town. I am in dinky sized reno and we have a few places that do this.
    I bought a used BFG AT for $40 at a place for my old brush beater. They get truck loads of tires, grind up the ones they can't sell and sell the ones they can.
    2010 GMC Savana AWD
    Silver Metallic, 5.3L, 3.73 Gears and G80 Heavy Duty Locking Rear Differential, American Racing Off Road Series ATX Chrome Assaults 17X8, BFG T/A KO's 245/70/17 (Stock Size).
    Alpine ida-x303 head unit, Alpine Power Pack, Alpine SPS-600 Speakers
    Viper 350HV car Alarm
    Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers
    42" Slider Windows
    Custom Bed with 6" Memory Foam Mattress
    Avery Berber Carpet

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    I regularly check craigslist just to see what's for sale in my area and always see plenty of tires and rims. I would give that a shot.
    I didnt think of that I will take a look Thank you!!

Also depends how much you are looking to spend? I bet if you posted a WTB thread on here with a price you'd get a few bites!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Craigslist is great for stuff like that. I picked up 4 Pirelli Tires XTR's for $285.00 20 in. They go for about that new each and they had 85% tread left.. A great tire.. I also got my new Canoe from Ct from Craigs....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Sounds like a great deal,but i would have to check the tires out in person which is why i would be leery of buying used tires online.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    Sounds like a great deal,but i would have to check the tires out in person which is why i would be leery of buying used tires online.
    Yeah I'm going to call and them check them out this week hopefully!!!

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Craigslist is great for stuff like that. I picked up 4 Pirelli Tires XTR's for $285.00 20 in. They go for about that new each and they had 85% tread left.. A great tire.. I also got my new Canoe from Ct from Craigs....
    WoW that's a sick deal. Is the canoe the one in your profile picture?

Don't wait too long to check them out, if they are in great shape they will go fast,good luck!,hope you get them.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by