GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 93 Suburban, question about putting in an aftermarket CD player.

I know about the adaptor that replaces the equalizer, and the pocket for the stock location. My question is, where do I get a wiring harness that is 3ft long or whatever to reach the stock location? I assume the harness is behind the factory radio?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Are you looking for this?

70-1855

GM 88-94 TUNER BYBASS 48 INCH

See Details
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I guess so? I found a couple guys on ebay selling the center dash adaptor, pocket for the stock location, harness and antenna adaptor as a kit, but I assume that I need a harness that will reach from the tape deck area all the way to the stock radio location.

The harness you linked to says 48 inch in the title, but 5inch in the description. So I don't know.

Am I correct that the factory harness is behind the stock radio? I guess it could be behind the tape deck/ equalizer as well? Not sure. I was hoping to find someone that did this with an old Suburban already before ripping into the dash.

Nobody? I got the dash pieces and it came with the 5inch harness. I'd rather not add 3ft of wire if I can just get the right piece first.