GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Sad but True.

  1. #11
    Jr. Mechanic GWAGON_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Trophy Club, TX (DFW)
    Posts
    128

    Default

    I was pretty particular with it. It is kind of wierd but I almost feel like I need to interview the new owners and make sure they are going to take just as good care of it. It's like loosing a child
    Jay- Trophy Club, TX
    2003 Chevy Suburban Z-71 (2" lift)
    2008 GMC Sierra Texas Edition

  2. #12
    Legend
    TrailLeadr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GWAGON_99 View Post
    I was pretty particular with it. It is kind of wierd but I almost feel like I need to interview the new owners and make sure they are going to take just as good care of it. It's like loosing a child
    I don't think anyone would blame you for feeling that way.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island


  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GWAGON_99 View Post
    I was pretty particular with it. It is kind of wierd but I almost feel like I need to interview the new owners and make sure they are going to take just as good care of it. It's like loosing a child
    I know what you mean. When I was in school I didn't have time to fully finish restoring my '62 GMC. I let it sit for a YEAR before I found a guy who was going to treat her right and restore her. I heard he ended up putting a 454 in it and had a screamer. Anhow, I shed a tear when I lost that one.

    Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

    Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

  4. #14
    Jr. Mechanic GWAGON_99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Trophy Club, TX (DFW)
    Posts
    128

    Exclamation

    Well the day has finally come. I have gotten rid of the Yukon... And the trailblazer… Oh yea and the bike. It was indeed a sad day but a happy day as well. My wife is now the new driver of a 2007 Hummer H3. We decided that since her car had almost 90K miles on it and my Yukon had 105K and my bike had been sitting idle in the garage since I started my new job it was time for a change. We traded them all in on a new Fully Loaded H3 (of course it is black and Tan just like the TB and the Yukon). My wife loves it! (And at 0% financing it is one heck of a deal) I am sad to see them go but I was at least able to sell my bike to my friend in NE. Hope that means I can still be in your club! I will post pictures as soon as I get them.
    Jay- Trophy Club, TX
    2003 Chevy Suburban Z-71 (2" lift)
    2008 GMC Sierra Texas Edition

  5. #15
    Legend
    TrailLeadr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GWAGON_99 View Post
    Hope that means I can still be in your club!
    As far as I'm concerned you're heart is with GM, so even if you drove Fords, sold Dodge, and owned stock in Nissan you'd still be welcome here.

    How are the sales going? Is anyone even buying the bigger hummers anymore with the gas prices, or are they all going for the H3?
    Patrick
    Rhode Island


  6. #16

    Default

    Same here! Don't be silly, Man! We'd love to see this new truck. Don't forget pics of interior. That sounds sweet.



    Jamie

    2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

  7. #17

    Default Hummer

    Isn't Hummer a GM product?
    Terry
    2007 Suburban LT2
    #7 in a long line of Chevy trucks

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GWAGON_99 View Post
    Well the day has finally come. I have gotten rid of the Yukon... And the trailblazer… Oh yea and the bike. It was indeed a sad day but a happy day as well. My wife is now the new driver of a 2007 Hummer H3. We decided that since her car had almost 90K miles on it and my Yukon had 105K and my bike had been sitting idle in the garage since I started my new job it was time for a change. We traded them all in on a new Fully Loaded H3 (of course it is black and Tan just like the TB and the Yukon). My wife loves it! (And at 0% financing it is one heck of a deal) I am sad to see them go but I was at least able to sell my bike to my friend in NE. Hope that means I can still be in your club! I will post pictures as soon as I get them.
    Weren't you going to come pick me up for lunch in your work H3?

    We all trade vehicles in from time to time, that's just part of life. We've got a Hummer section on this site, feel free to post away in there, even give your contact information for the DFW folks here.

    Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

    Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

  9. #19
    Sr. Engineer
    Flatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Burleson, Texas
    Posts
    359
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    H3's are nice. Post up some pics and congratulations on the new ride!

    2007 Colorado Regular Cab Z85 2.9L/4 cyl.
    Lowered 3/4
    18" Nissan Titan Rims

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. True Duals
    By Metaluzc in forum Performance & Fuel
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-30-2010, 08:52 AM
  2. What is a True Synthetic
    By 1st Synthetics in forum 1st Synthetics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 11:52 AM
  3. Too good to be true?
    By ippielb in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 11:09 PM
  4. so true
    By GM_Guy in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 10:44 PM
  5. Weird but TRUE!
    By Cableguy in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 11:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •