GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Upgrading headlights, want feedback

Looking for some feedback on some lights im looking onto buying,

Recon 264195cl

or the
    Spyder pro-yd-cs07-hl

cant decide which ones i should get, both look about the same except the recons chrome is shinier and is twice as much as the spyder model.

feedback wanted......please.

I would go with the Spyders, I don't see enough difference in the two to pay twice as much for the Recons.
    2002 Chevy 1500 Ex-cab Z71: 5.3L, auto 4, shorties, hi-flow cats, true dual 2.5" straight pipes, AirAid intake, TBS, Platinum plugs, 8.5mm wires, programmer, 3in w/ 33s, also has the composite bed

2010 GMC 1500 Crew Cab Z71 w/ All Terrain package: 5.3L, auto 6, 2" Zone leveling kit, AirAid Jr. Intake Kit

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KWG08VMI View Post
    I would go with the Spyders, I don't see enough difference in the two to pay twice as much for the Recons.
    X2........

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Look around, Amazon.com and others sell RECON stuff for cheaper then buying direct. I bought my third brake light from amazon, taillights on ebay and led white bulbs from recon. It;s still a bit expensive then spyder, but I didn't like the looks of the spyders .. you can you tube for spyder auto and look at their stuff. I went with recon because they are more driven towards the truck market.

Quote Originally Posted by randomsandwhich View Post
    Look around, Amazon.com and others sell RECON stuff for cheaper then buying direct. I bought my third brake light from amazon, taillights on ebay and led white bulbs from recon. It;s still a bit expensive then spyder, but I didn't like the looks of the spyders .. you can you tube for spyder auto and look at their stuff. I went with recon because they are more driven towards the truck market.
    yeah, i have been, thats where i found them for $399, the most ive seen them for is around $500/$550, man its christmas time and $150/$200 is sounding a lot better, plus they both look identical :shrug: just one is twice as much.
    Jesse
    TX
    2008 Silverado