GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Are Equalizers still around or are they "Old School" ?

Years ago I had a equalizer in my car, however, in the last 10 years I havent seen anyone with one or even mention them when designing a new system.

I am considering getting one however my Pioneer deck(avh-P6000DVD) has a pretty good setup for custom tuning lows highs etc so I dont know if one would even benefit me.

Shawn

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

They're still around. Most are now located within the head units' audio settings of top-of-the-line models fromKenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, etc. However, car audio has now moved into the digital age with the invention of digital sound processors (DSP) that can adjust frequencies automatically on the fly. There are also more advanced equalizers from AudioControl.
    ~Dan
    2005 Chevy Colorado Crew Cab ZQ8 Xtreme

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

As said above.. I have not sold one in over 10 years.. Most good head units have them built in along with crossovers you can customize the sound the way you like it..Adding something between the radio and a amp could also bring you some noise in the system that you don't want..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

My JVC has a lot of built in features that an equalizer can do plus some more. Does a pretty darn good job too.

Quote Originally Posted by randomsandwhich View Post
    My JVC has a lot of built in features that an equalizer can do plus some more. Does a pretty darn good job too.
    Ya my Pioneer has alot of tuning adjustment right down to Q waves... I retuned the deck and sub amp today since it was still tuned for my old box with the Kicler L7 8" subs which made a huge difference....I think I ll put that money towards another toy for the truck!

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com