GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Hello from eastern Washington...

Hi, noob here... handle is Bonzai01. I am located in the eastern portion of washington state, where the pine trees meet the desert sand and sage brush. Fantastic country for off road adventures. I am driving an '88 GMC "2High" Sierra/Suburban. All white (ex-county rig), we left the "for government use only" stickers on it and put an official looking "area 51-Search and Recovery" door decal where the county logo was...the looks are priceless. I'll try and get some photos up in the next few days. This is the first full size gm rig I've owned (had a couple of s-10s) and I have to admit, it's one of the most comfortable rides ever, with enough juice - 350/throttle body FI/auto - to crank those 8 lug wheels (just paid $64 for new lug nuts for custom wheels - 32 of those babies- sticker shock!!) Anyway, wanted to say hi and watch for the area 51 recovery team LOL!! Bonzai01.

Hi back at ya from diagonaly across the continent
    2003 tahoe
    1994 roadmaster LT1(gone to roadie heaven but the 350 is in the garage:happy:)
    1980 trans am 301 turbo
    1977 scottsdale 454

Legend

Welcome to the club!

Please keep us posted on your Area51 findings.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Howdy. I lived in Spokane from 1980 to 1987, then in Seattle from 87 until 99. Welcome to the site!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Thanks for the welcome guys, lotta miles between Quebec and here, and Steve I've got my dads side of the family in Texas, been there a couple of times when I was a kid...that country sure is flat, not even a hill to climb for a better view! Trail, I'll keep you posted on any eastern washington alien search and recovery efforts, but with hanford (nuke site) glowing in the dark it'll be tough to spot 'em!! Thanks again, Kerry.

Welcome, That has got to be the funniest thing I've ever heard. Please post pictures of that. Now this guy has my sense of humour...

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Blog Entries

Hey Fellow Washingtonian! I live North of Vancouver near Mt.St.Helens. Post some pics of that sweet ride.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Exclamation Another page from the X-Files

Quote Originally Posted by TrailLeadr View Post
    Please keep us posted on your Area51 findings.
    I was 4wheeling near Helendale, Ca and came across Area 51 1/2. If you use google maps use the address: 34.832464, -117.294867 and you will see a very interesting facility owned and operated by Lockheed's Skunkworks division. You can read more about it here: Little Known Airfields While I was there, security came out to shadow me when I got within 50 feet of the fence, and followed me as I drove along the perimeter.
    There is no way to happiness....happiness is the way.:yipi:
    http://kx6ijq.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pcOFVNH4ix1hjyGUVyXK5LRfef7qSeWzlZDorpQhIEfkZ2ZA  _vXMYypuKMJFw671uF2ZPhjez_j-atRmcjM2zQKpQi1JSsB75/burb1.JPG
    High Desert SoCal
    93 K1500 burb (personal) 350 AT 3" Lift 250K+
    02 Honda Civic LX
    Looking for a 1990's Miata for an engine swap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzai01 View Post
    Hi, noob here... handle is Bonzai01. I am located in the eastern portion of washington state, where the pine trees meet the desert sand and sage brush. Fantastic country for off road adventures. I am driving an '88 GMC "2High" Sierra/Suburban. All white (ex-county rig), we left the "for government use only" stickers on it and put an official looking "area 51-Search and Recovery" door decal where the county logo was...the looks are priceless. I'll try and get some photos up in the next few days. This is the first full size gm rig I've owned (had a couple of s-10s) and I have to admit, it's one of the most comfortable rides ever, with enough juice - 350/throttle body FI/auto - to crank those 8 lug wheels (just paid $64 for new lug nuts for custom wheels - 32 of those babies- sticker shock!!) Anyway, wanted to say hi and watch for the area 51 recovery team LOL!! Bonzai01.
    We're going to take over this site, those who are from Washington! yea!
    Cheri
    Chevy Trailblazer LS 4x4
    Seattle, WA

Thanks for the shout fellow washington ridge runners...anyone ever in spokane drop me an e-mail and we'll do coffee (that applies to you out of staters too!!) Still trying to get some photos up for the cable guy...glad to see twisted humor is appreciated here LOL! Kerry.