GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    run a can of Seafoam! and then do the intake treatment as well.. That really will help the most. There are a bunch of threads on the site that talk about seafoam and its benefits!
    I never thought about the intake side..I work at Wal mart Tire&lube an we do a similar service with gum-out(gum-in lol).I plan to do this with the Seafoam ASAP.The FAQ on there website was very informative..if i read right seafoam says to add 1oz to gas per gallon..So since i got a 42gallon tank i need 3 cans correct?I figure 3 cans will give me my 40 to 42oz i need for the tank an my 1/2 can to use in the brake booster line?What do yall think?
    Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    One good thing about the the better additives ( Seafoam ) is that it will remove any water that has formed in your gas tank from condensation. Since your trucks been sitting for 10 months I would add Seafoam to the gas tank, take off the throttlebody and clean both sides with a spray throttlebody cleaner like CRC or Seafoam t/body cleaner and a old soft toothbrush, as I've said before on this site DON'T use carb cleaner. I would also use the Seafoam spray to clean inside the intake maniflod. If you go to Seafoam.com its shows how to use there products.
    Being its cold out do you think it would be ok to wait a few months to do the cleaning of the TB?I have to do all my work outside/..

Thanks for all the tips everyone i really do appreciate it
    Last edited by ohiomossyoak; 12-14-2010 at 09:13 AM.
    Father,Husband,Bowhunter
    95 K1500 Suburban---5.7=350ci

As a side note, perhaps of interest to all... there's this (regarding ETHANOL FUELS), from the FAQ located on the hyundai.com.au website:

What is Ethanol?
    <...snip...>

Can my Hyundai / Which Hyundai's can run on Ethanol?
    <...snip...>

Can Ethanol damage my Hyundai?
    <...snip...>

Will it affect my Warranty?

The use of Ethanol at E10 will not affect warranty simply by its use. However, failure caused by Ethanol such as corrosion of fuel injection due to Ethanol's' hygroscopic nature (attracts and holds moisture) will not be covered by warranty.

<...snip...>

2010 Copyright Hyundai Motor Company, Australia Pty Limited
    Use of Ethanol in cars & trucks is not normally a problem (when they don't SIT, unused, for too very long). It typically presents a problem in small engines (both two and four cycle) and GAS CANS used for same... which may sit unused for several months at a time. A friend owns a lawn & garden sales & service center... every SPRING he makes a killing (because people do NOT properly store their lawnmowers, trimmers, blowers, chainsaws, etc.).

I put less than 5000 miles/year on my truck, wifey less than 7000/year on her car. As I've mentioned before, both vehicles get SEAFOAM treatment (in the gas tank and in the oil). Doing this has not caused any problems for me, over the years...
    Last edited by 04-silverado; 12-14-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomossyoak View Post
    Being its cold out do you think it would be ok to wait a few months to do the cleaning of the TB?I have to do all my work outside/..

Thanks for all the tips everyone i really do appreciate it
    Yeah it is fine.. i know the feeling of cold.. I had to replace the radiator yesterday in -6 weather... Stupid 50/50 premix. Froze up...

As to the amount for your gas tank. i would just go with one can and then a can or two of HEAT... that will do the most, and since you plan to treat the intake with it that will also clean the injectors out ets with out to much fretting..
    BE sure that you replace the fuel filter in the spring, and also since it has been sitting it would be a very very good idea to replace the Cap and rotor. Those corrode so fast on these trucks even when they are being used daily.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Yeah it is fine.. i know the feeling of cold.. I had to replace the radiator yesterday in -6 weather... Stupid 50/50 premix. Froze up...

As to the amount for your gas tank. i would just go with one can and then a can or two of HEAT... that will do the most, and since you plan to treat the intake with it that will also clean the injectors out ets with out to much fretting..
    BE sure that you replace the fuel filter in the spring, and also since it has been sitting it would be a very very good idea to replace the Cap and rotor. Those corrode so fast on these trucks even when they are being used daily.
    Funny us say that...I was having charging problems an thought that the miss it had while running etc was due to the alternator an battery..I changed them..An it still had a miss.I decided to have the ignition control module tested.When i pulled the cap it nor the rotor looked very good..The I.C module tested bad.,.So i got it a cap an rotor..An the miss went away..I plan to replace wires an plugs in the next few months..

Legend
    Blog Entries

Oh and another thing to put on the list is a TBI rebuild kit or at least pull the TBI off and clean it really really well with TB cleaner. Make sure you replace the base gasket below the TB when you do...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12