GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Painted Door Handles

Hey guys, I have a 2006 Silverado Hybrid and it is in the process of a color change to Laser Blue. I am thinking about painting the door handles to match the truck. The current handles are textured so I would need to get the smooth. Is there a handle that you suggest to get and where do I get it. Also, is what is your opinion on painting them? Am I better off leaving what I have?

I would get the chrome handles from the dealer,but thats just my opinion.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

or just get aftermarket handles
    03 Silverado 1500
    285/75/16 BFG's
    2 Blaupunkt 10" vW1000 subs in Subthump box
    ProComp Level Lift & 3" rear blocks

I'd buy smooth handles then paint them to to match and then you have two sets to choose from.

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

you could also check out LMC truck and see what they have available.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Quote Originally Posted by GAPartsMN View Post
    Hey guys, I have a 2006 Silverado Hybrid and it is in the process of a color change to Laser Blue. I am thinking about painting the door handles to match the truck. The current handles are textured so I would need to get the smooth. Is there a handle that you suggest to get and where do I get it. Also, is what is your opinion on painting them? Am I better off leaving what I have?
    Just to give you a idea......You can buy a set of Color Matching Door Bezel with Chrome Door Handles.....From G.M/Chevy Accessories .....Below is a set of Blue ones,

Chevrolet Accessories - 2006 - Silverado 1500 - Door Handles - Outside - Front Set, Chrome/Blue (25U)
    Part #19154680 $110.64
    $92.93
    Click to enlarge
    Door Handles - Outside - Front Set, Chrome/Blue

The above picture is just a illustration of the Chrome Handle and Color matched Bezel.

E-bay is another Great outlet to find your Color Matching door handles....

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Just to give you a idea......You can buy a set of Color Matching Door Bezel with Chrome Door Handles.....From G.M/Chevy Accessories .....Below is a set of Blue ones,

Chevrolet Accessories - 2006 - Silverado 1500 - Door Handles - Outside - Front Set, Chrome/Blue (25U)
    Part #19154680 $110.64
    $92.93
    Click to enlarge
    Door Handles - Outside - Front Set, Chrome/Blue

The above picture is just a illustration of the Chrome Handle and Color matched Bezel.

E-bay is another Great outlet to find your Color Matching door handles....
    I like these because they are not overly chromed but still look classy.

Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    I'd buy smooth handles then paint them to to match and then you have two sets to choose from.
    This is what I did....bought them from the dealer and had them paint them. Ge t the part numbers form your local dealer for the ready to paint handles then buy them online. If I remeber correctly it was under $200 for the handles and the paint.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Thanks for the input. I like the painted bezel with the chrome handle, you're right about not to much chrome.