GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: How often is your weather man right??

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • More than 75% of the time

4 11.76%
  • More than 50% but less than 75%

14 41.18%
  • Less than 50%

5 14.71%
  • Crazy uncle Ed and his crooked nose that smells bad weather is right more!

11 32.35%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

They got the snow part right, but only after they had initially said that the storm would pass out to the ocean and wouldn't hit us...now they're forecasting 18+ inches.

your forecasters may have an easier time predicting whats gonna happen down south, L. Superior is kinda like a women it can never make up its mind on what it wants to do with the weather
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Legend

Blog Entries

I have to give accolades to our weather people here. Denver weather can get pretty crazy and unpredictable, but they seem to get it right a majority of the time.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

The odds are stacked in our forecasters' favor lately. For the past month, if the forecasters say snow... they have about an 80% chance of getting it right.

Mike... did you get any snow yet???? We got over 4 ft at my house with that last system that blew through!
    ~Janet~
    My rig: 1993 Suburban K2500 & 16ft stock trailer.

Legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by backcountry horsewoman View Post
    Mike... did you get any snow yet???? We got over 4 ft at my house with that last system that blew through!
    Unfortunately, no. I am so depressed about it. We had 2 to 3 feet dump in the mountains over the past few days, but none has made it to Denver. Ugh.

On the other hand, 4ft is a lot. I would have a hard time even snow blowing myself out of the garage.

Aww, that is a bummer!! :(

Yup... There is definitely such a thing as too much snow. Even the local sledders are complaining it is too deep.

Legend

Blog Entries

Well, maybe if the timing is right, you'll have a chance to escape the snow and meet up with all of us nut cases. If Utah is like CO, then March is when you typically get the most snowfall. If that holds true this year, then you may be in trouble and need to get away for a weekend. I hope things work out so you can join us.

Yeah, we should schedule it for Denver, then I know I will escape snow.

warmer climate works too lol

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Well here in the NJ/NY area We got about 12-13 in's of the white stuff. And 5ft Drift's.. The Great weather man said early in the week that the storm was going off the coast... an't post pics here but..Here is a link to some pics of my area.. http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/gallery?...=1&pid=7865543
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by