GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Recommendation for Subs in a Regular Cab 08 Sierra

Have a decent sound system installed in my truck with an Alpine 4 channel amp, but it needs more bass. Any recommendations on an 8 or 10" sub?

Second Question: How and Where did you install the sub on a regular cab for best sound and use of space.

Thanks Bros
    2012 Chevy Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3
    Rough Country 2.5' Lift/Level
    Chevy 18's on Toyo Open Country MT 33's
    DiabloSport Trinity Tuner with Custom Tune from Lew
    Debating on AMP Research Powersteps

2008 GMC Sierra WT 4x2 4.3

3" Rough Country Suspension Lift w/Control Arms
    Super 44 Flowmaster Straight Dual Exhaust from the Cat Back with 18" Chrome 3.5" Exhaust Tips.
    Moto Wheels 951 18" on Nitto Mud Grappler 33's
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 System with Kenwood 5.1 amp using Stock Headunit.

With my regular cab I made my own box and installed two 12'' shallow mounts behind the seats. Was just told tonight it was loudest system they had heard! I like shallow mounts because they give you versatility to work with. Some say they are not as loud which is true but I wanted clean sound, not super loud. What I like best about my system is that it is loud but doesn't rattle a single thing. Hope this helps!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Their are many types of encloures you can get for a Reg cab. It all depends on your budgit and what you like.. Most do a Box behind the seat some will build a custom encloure in the center consul, And some will build it in the bed and port it into the back of the cab.. Co's like MTX and JL Audio Build Boxes just made for your rig.. You can check out this http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...7&model_id=739 And find a box just right for you..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Can you give me the details? Brand/Size/sub amp etc. I have Infinity Kappy Perfect 6.1 in the front and tweets and infinity kappa perfect in the rear pillars. I kept the stock radio to keep it looking clean but I'm not happy with the sound quality it's giving me, considering replacing it with an indash DVD/GPS double din.

Do you have any pics of your two 12" sub setup?
    Quote Originally Posted by ntbush83 View Post
    With my regular cab I made my own box and installed two 12'' shallow mounts behind the seats. Was just told tonight it was loudest system they had heard! I like shallow mounts because they give you versatility to work with. Some say they are not as loud which is true but I wanted clean sound, not super loud. What I like best about my system is that it is loud but doesn't rattle a single thing. Hope this helps!

Yeah man here's a few! I also threw in some pics of my DVD player.