GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    Hey Kid one thing you might want to keep an eye on is your drive shaft slip yoke. Measure the freeplay you have now before you lower it, & measure it again after your drop. You don't want to run out of clearance here or you'll be replacing some expensive parts.
    **Also you could end up with some u-joint vibration. 4wds aren't dropped that often so you're kind of pioneering the process here.
    Stephan I should be fine, because I am only going 4 in the back-wont even need a pinion shim because it's not slammed. And I'm not real worried about anything out front because I have very little occasion to use the 4x4. Looking forward to getting some weird looks because of my Z71 off road stickers on a dropped truck And I'm really not much of a pioneer, lots of em out there. I'm just a GMTC pioneer

They actually did a write up I just ran across which is close to what I'm doing, except I'm going lower up front
    http://www.gmhightechperformance.com...uck/index.html
    Last edited by HawaiiKid; 12-13-2010 at 02:08 AM.

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

those parts are good for what your going to spend.... post up some before and after pics of the truck when your done with it
    2000 single cab short bed 1500 w/ 6.0 vortec maxx swap from a 2006 2500, custom intake, slotted brakes, shorty headers, 8mm wires, electric fan, strait piped, 4.5 inch lift, asp pulleys, true dual through body exhaust, built trans w/ shift kit, custom tune ... 320rwhp

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 00chevy53 View Post
    those parts are good for what your going to spend.... post up some before and after pics of the truck when your done with it
    What kinda drop are you rockin 00Chevy?

Blog Entries

The deed is done...Belltech 1-3" drop torsion keys and DJM 2" drop shackles are on order and should be here by the end of the week! Just dreading pulling all these bolts off the truck, hope they aren't all frozen up like the front end was.

WD 40 FTW. Post some pics when it's all done
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiKid View Post
    ... Just dreading pulling all these bolts off the truck, hope they aren't all frozen up like the front end was.
    Start spraying everything now. Deep Creep is the best.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Legend

Blog Entries

I'm glad you are doing it!!! One of the most awesome things about trucks are their versatility and ability to be suited for your needs and wants. I've been on both sides and really enjoy(ed) each of them, as they fit what I was into at the time. Congratulations on your decision and can't wait to see you truck as things progress.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

its the belltech quick drop kit but i did purchase some good shocks for the front, and unfortunately those shocks suck in the rear ( truck wont squat when i launch from a stop) cause there too stiff and feal every bump... but im looking into some QA1 adjustable shocks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 00chevy53 View Post
    its the belltech quick drop kit but i did purchase some good shocks for the front, and unfortunately those shocks suck in the rear ( truck wont squat when i launch from a stop) cause there too stiff and feal every bump... but im looking into some QA1 adjustable shocks.
    It looks good on your truck...needs some bigger rims though to fill out the wheel wells! And I'm hoping the adjustibility of my Rancho will keep the truck comfortable enough to not be bouncing all over.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Be sure to show us a before and aafter!!! im not a fan of lowering at all, but if your going for a pavement pounder a 4wd is the way to start since you have the advantage of 4wd to get you moving!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by