GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Still like the HHR

I still like the HHR and think I might want to test drive one in the next couple of weeks.

How are they holding their resale value? Anyone?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Jr. Mechanic

my mom has an HHR LT and she loves it.. i love it and did you know it was designed after the 1949 suburban.... btw get the bigger 2.4L engine i have heard great things about it and the 2.2 all negative.. and btw those things are really zippy for what they are.... just giving you a heads up

We've been looking at HHR's for a few weeks trying to find the best deal, my wife deided she wanted one after we had a rental for a week in Vegas. After driving a few I have to agree the 2.4L seems to be the better engine, and I've heard of less issues with them.
    A well informed little bird told me their going to introduce a 2.4 intercooled turbocharged model for 2008 so I'm trying to get the wife to hold off a while.

Jr. Mechanic

yep in 2008 they are coming out with the HHR SS which blows cuz the dealership had told my dad that they werent gonna come out with one at all.....
    he's really bummed

SST in Arlington, Texas is working on a Turbo for earlier model HHR's, from what I've seen it's got potential. The drawback to SST turbo's is thier rear mounted leaving the intake where it can pick up water and trash and they loose some horsepower over conventional underhood set-ups. But any horsepower increase is good.

Sr. Engineer
    Blog Entries

There may be a change when the HHR-SS comes out. Last year we were seeing it may come out in 2008, now we are finding info that is suggesting 2009, But the best info yet is it will be equipped with the 2.0 turbo solstice engine.

Shmooze the wife into a test drive, then let her drive it. It might just get her thinking..
    Last edited by TomsHHR; 06-25-2007 at 06:26 PM.
    2009 Chevy Sliverado Std cab 5.3, 4 speed Auto 2wd, Trifecta Tuned
    1926 Model T Bucket powered by Chevy LS 5.3 TH350 and S-10 rear axle Build period Sept 7, 2010 to April 2011
    1979 Starcraft Islander 221 Great Lakes Fishing Boat
    SOLD: 2006 Chevy HHR The Deer Slayer.