GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    i had this problem and it was from the water getting into my sill guard. Underneath that is the IP to body harness. Water gets into the connections and causes the throttle positioning sensors to read different causes the truck to go into a protection mode. The streets n Tuscaloosa flood like crazy when it rains. To fix it you gotta find where the water is getting in seal it up and put so electric grease in the connection. Since I have done this I haven't had any problems.
    The dealer in town tried to tell me in was my kn intake so I pulled it off and put the stock one on and went back up there to show it wasn't the problem. Eventually I found some research on the Internet with a work order number. Ended up doing it myself though
    thanks for the tip. at this point i'll try anything. weird thing is that it sometimes runs fine. the engine light will be on but no other warnings or reduction power.

Well this crap is happening to us now with our 2007 GMC Acadia (Traction Control/Stabilitrack problem which then triggers the Reduced Engine Power). I noticed some strange bucking at around 1500 rpms last night on the way home and this morning I go out to start it up and it starts but the idle seems off and then I see Reduced power and TC disable etc. **SMH**

I'm a car guy and can't keep anything stock for long but for some reason I haven't done anything to the Acadia yet since we bought it almost a year ago.

so it sounds like it could be air intake issues causing this problem? We also have the 3rd row dome light water leak.

Quote Originally Posted by JCaddy View Post
    Well this crap is happening to us now with our 2007 GMC Acadia (Traction Control/Stabilitrack problem which then triggers the Reduced Engine Power). I noticed some strange bucking at around 1500 rpms last night on the way home and this morning I go out to start it up and it starts but the idle seems off and then I see Reduced power and TC disable etc. **SMH**

I'm a car guy and can't keep anything stock for long but for some reason I haven't done anything to the Acadia yet since we bought it almost a year ago.

so it sounds like it could be air intake issues causing this problem? We also have the 3rd row dome light water leak.
    a lose intake could be the problem. Tighten it down
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Quote Originally Posted by ahmitchell1 View Post
    a lose intake could be the problem. Tighten it down

dropped it off at the GMC dealer last night to get it checked out and hopefully fix the water leak. The service advisor said "Acadia's are known for this" and he also said "how many miles?" and I said "69k" and he said "wow be happy these are the only problems you have". lol that makes me feel good.

JCaddy,

I'm sorry you are having this issue. Please keep me updated on what you hear from your dealership?

Evan, GM Customer Service

I havent gone to the dealer yet but they called me and said the cause of it was the Throttle body so they are replacing it under warrenty but I am not sure what warrenty they are replacing it under. Is there a 75k or 100k warrenty from GM on this part? Also the passenger airbag is covered under a warrenty. They didnt make it to the water leak but said they would make another appointment with me to get that checked out. So at the moment everything seems to be working out but I am still puzzled on the warrenty part. 1 thing that does blow me is the $110 just for the diagnostics.

Well I ended up paying nothing to get everything fixed but I did end up paying $223.00 to HOPEFULLY get the common headliner water leak fixed. Sucks I had to pay out of my pocket for a GM mess up.

Sr. Apprentice

got the old crystal ball and magic wand out ......both are telling me wss (wheel speed sensor) why guess when it's so easy to know

so i have been having the same problem off and on in my 07 new body silverado 108k. Had it when i first bought the truck like 3 weeks after i bought it and took it to the dealer and they had never seen the problem before and also by the time i had taken it to them the lights went off and so they couldnt duplicate the problem. that was a year and a half ago and it hadnt had the problem in over a year till bout 2 months ago it did it but i stopped turned the truck off took the key out and then started it back up and it was fine then it did it again a couple weeks ago for 3 days straight off and on and then went away and then started again today. so im going to try the intake and see if i can tighten it better since thats the easiest. But i have a aftermarket Volant intake so i duno if i just didnt tighten it good enough when i put it on. hopefully that fixes it cuz im past the warranty stage so im going to end up paying to get the throttle body replaced and all that other stuff till it gets fixed. will repost with the results

Quote Originally Posted by devil_doc7721 View Post
    so i have been having the same problem off and on in my 07 new body silverado 108k. Had it when i first bought the truck like 3 weeks after i bought it and took it to the dealer and they had never seen the problem before and also by the time i had taken it to them the lights went off and so they couldnt duplicate the problem. that was a year and a half ago and it hadnt had the problem in over a year till bout 2 months ago it did it but i stopped turned the truck off took the key out and then started it back up and it was fine then it did it again a couple weeks ago for 3 days straight off and on and then went away and then started again today. so im going to try the intake and see if i can tighten it better since thats the easiest. But i have a aftermarket Volant intake so i duno if i just didnt tighten it good enough when i put it on. hopefully that fixes it cuz im past the warranty stage so im going to end up paying to get the throttle body replaced and all that other stuff till it gets fixed. will repost with the results
    you might not have to replace to throttle positioning sensors. Did you drive thru snow or lots of water when it happened. Next time hit does pop up the door sill plastic piece and see if those wires and that plug in there has moisture on it. If so put dielectric grease on there and see if that helps. Also dry out any water

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... Last Post byLast Post by