Results 1 to 2 of 2
06-01-2007, 03:05 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
2005 Trailblazer and programming a remote
I reveiced a new remote in the mail today. I received the following instructions and they bring me into the programming mode, but will not complete step 10 which is programming the remote. I have also changed the battery just in case and it still doesn't seem to work. Does anyone have any suggestion:
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driverís door panel-continue to hold down until instructed
to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks.
This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters).
12. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the transmitter programming mode
06-01-2007, 05:11 PM #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2004
- Arlington, Texas, United States
- Blog Entries
I did that and it worked for me. The only thing I can think is that you got the wrong transmitter. Who did you buy from?
What does it say on that back of your new transmitters? Does it work for your old ones, or do you still have them?
10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)
Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today
By Silverado99 in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)Replies: 2Last Post: 09-30-2009, 07:56 PM
By Steve in forum Chevy Keyless Entry RemotesReplies: 0Last Post: 07-23-2009, 12:51 AM
By chriSSpurling in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2008, 02:15 PM
By skinnerchief in forum Chevy Keyless Entry RemotesReplies: 4Last Post: 01-18-2008, 08:25 PM
By kevinmeister in forum Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-04-2007, 04:28 PM