GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffs89Suburban View Post
    mine gets cleaned every time it rains
    it's free
    I'm with Jeff on this one.

The Avalanche gets a bath regularly, but the burb....not so much
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Talking detail

even tho im a die hard off roader im also a detail freak! lol i no how weird is that? i love gettin my sliverado dirty as hell then the second i get back on the road im havin seizures cuz people are looking n its not clean(which is prolly y theyre lookin in the first place!lol)! But i hand wash mine at least once a week usually tthursday cuz i like to cruise on friday so gotta b lookin good 4 the ladies! lol. but first i take it and pressure wash the whole thing at a local wash station then i drive back to the house and hand wash it top to bottom twice, tires, wheels, door jams, wheel wells, any crack or crevice really. then i use s speacial detail compound from turtle wax then use turtle wax ICE to wax the whole truck and after all of that is dun i armorall the tires and completly clean the entire inside carpet floor mats windows everything then armorall all of that lol then it usually stays clean 4 3 or 4 days till i put it in the dirt again and all of this repeats itself lol! im gunna die doin it one day lol!
    Payden Parker
    '06 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    6in. Superlift F.I.T. Lift w/ Bilstein Shock upgrade
    35in. Pro Comp M/T Tires on 17in. Pro Comp Alloy Chrome Wheels U.S. Stryker Series
    AEM Brute Force Air Intake System
    Superchips FlashPaq Tuner
    Magnaflow Exhaust
    Chevy 2500HD Torsion Bars
    AVS Smoked Rain Gaurds
    Paulding County, Georgia
    OC Poole USMC

THERES NOTHING LIKE THE SMELL OF A NEW TRUCK.....IN THE DIRT!

Once a week I hand wash the Yukon I have a pressure washer to get the bugs off, I dry with a chamois then I use Eagle One wax as you dry http://www.eagleone.com/pages/produc...=1091&cat=5010 this stuff is incredible I finish the job with Meguires high gloss http://www.meguiars.com/?tire-care/H...s-Tire-Coating on the tires and invisible glass http://www.invisibleglass.com/ on the windows.

Quote Originally Posted by NHSilverado View Post
    Ha! would take me a week to go over how I keep my vehicle clean if I were to go into real detail( no pun intended ). I am a detail fanatic and my truck is seldom dirty.

Pretty much...

Hand wash daily weather permitting( touch free car wash 2 X's p/week during winter when I can't do it myself ).

Cleaner Wax, Polish( sometimes the colored variety to help with any scratches ), Premium Wax( Carnuba ) once p/ month once temps hit 50 degrees. Light weight quality wax every other week as a touch up also weather permitting. Once temps drop below 50 I will run it through the touch free car wash 1 p/week until I can no longer wash it myself and then it is covered by the 2X's p/week mentioned above.

Vacuumed almost daily year round barring wet weather that day. Windows washed 2-3 X's p/week. Dash and door panels treated 1 p/week & dusted daily( TIP - Pledge "Grab-It" untreated dusting cloths work GREAT to remove dust and such from your interior trim/dash ).

Literally my vehicles look as good as the day they were brand new, if not better, even 3-4 years down the road when I sell them. Now, this is not to say my truck is NEVER dirty. Things happen and I am not always able to clean it as I like. Duck season is especially hard as not only am I in and out covered with mud and dirt but so is the dog plus it is winter time so we have a double dose of dirt. Some of the job sites can be really messy as well.

Pretty much though my truck is kept spotless and sparkling. Can't stand a dirty vehicle.

I pretty much only use Meguiar's products as well. When possible I use their Gold Class line. Nothing better out there so readily available IMO.
    Wow, thats impressive if you get sick of cleaning yours u cancome clean mine. Just Kidding,. I wash mine at home by hand everyother weekend and use a California car duster on it allmost every day.
    Anybody have any suggestions on keeping Leather clean and soft?
    2007 Sierra VMAX Z71
    2002 Impala
    1998 Safari

Default How do you find the time?

NHsilverado, I love to wash my truck, since I got the new Burb I have been washing it about every three days. But, how do you find the time? I use the same products that you are using, have not found any better.
    Terry
    2007 Suburban LT2
    #7 in a long line of Chevy trucks

Sr. Apprentice

Default How do you keep your truck clean?

I am in the Phoenix area. I keep the truck clean and garage it. When polishing a relatively good finish, I use Meguiar's New Car Glaze #5 or #7. I t will become squeaky clean. The cloth will squeak. Then follwo soon after with Mequiar's wax. The wax has been harder for me to find. I is Mirror glaze #26. It lasts the logest under the sun. If someone knows of something that lasts longer, I am all ears.

Jr. Mechanic
    Washington State, the Dry Side ( Southeastern)

Well, clean is a relevant subject...... I have a 2 mile driveway that is gravel......Eastern Washington Columbia basin.........Dry , Dusty!!!

Wash the trucks about twice a month........but they don't last but one drive out......

I'll get picks next wash!!!!!
    Just Another Day in Paradise...

Blog Entries

I wash my truck once every week or so (depending on weather) and keep one of these handy jewels in my console for a dusting the interior every few days.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12