GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 Last Post byLast Post by

Stephan, we also upgrade front brakes on older ( 2000 and down ) trucks to bigger rotors and calibers for more stoping power. In the 80's & 90's the front brakes on these trucks where just not big enough, we found using rotors of newer ( 2004 & up ) rotors and calibers combined with our custom CNC brackets gives you longer brake live and about 40% more stoping power. If somebody uses theyr truck to tow this is awsome and after 2 years it paid for itself because the wear & tear is reduced by 60% after using this upgrade. We will try to offer a bolt on kit so you can basicly do it yourself, but with all the different models and sizes of trucks out there its hard to do for a small guy like me!
    So for any costum upgrade that actually makes sense and works, contact me!

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

Scott, What all is involved in swapping in a diesel engine & what else do you have to change over to make this work?? What all will the customer be getting besides the engine? I know there's a lot more work involved here than just sticking an engine in it.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

The engines we use are reman ARMY DIESELS, 0 miles/ hours after rebuild. They have the better injectors ( marine style ), they have the mechanical injection pump, better blocks ( marine style ) and also the heads ( valves ) among other better things they use compared to stock automotive 6.5 's.
    We upgrade the Transmissions ( shift kit / converter ), add a seperate tranny cooler, use a custom made intercooler, upgrade to a 4 inch exhaust with mandrell bend tubing ( stainless is an option ), calibrate everything and can also upgrade to a bigger Turbo optional as well. We change the fuel delivery for the diesel and do away with the gas fuel pump, optional install a diesel cluster and boost gauge. If cluster ( cheap ) is not wanted the seatbelt light will be the glow plug light now..lol
    And just a bunch of other stuff.
    On all are work, which we take much pride in there will be a waranty as well.
    These Diesels have usually 100HP and some tourge more then stock, if somebody uses the bigger turbo we usually turn it to 14 pounds of boost ( don't want to go crazy 0 and you will even get more power. With the tranny upgrades and this swap it is a PULLER for sure and there is no reason not to get 20-28 MPH HWAY and a little less towing......but still way more then any gas or stock diesel truck.
    The cool thing is, we can install these ( LIKE SAID BEFORE ) in anything that has wheels and fits it. The best part about it is if used in a 1/2 ton truck, including our brake upgrade and some opther optional changes it will pull like a SRW 1 ton!
    The cost for the swap and or upgrades is driven in easy with in 2-3 years if used as a daily driver and if you think about it, what a newer truck will cost you , for less you can have it like NEW on the drivedrain side and get an other 300-500 K miles out of it for less upkeep then a gasser. THATS THE COOLEST PART ABOUT IT !
    agian, prices are ....... ~ 5500 + K for regular Diesel swap, depending on vehicle shape i can give good deals on options.
    brake upgrades are ~ 1000 K each axle but will last 5X longer then stock if not more and perform ~70% better.
    If somebody wnats it all , we can do package deals after seeing the vehicle and designing the custom upgrades with the customer.

Turn around for a regular diesel swap is 4-5 days max.

SO LETS GO GUYS !!!!!!

Offcoarse these are just the major things that are taking place, i can't tell you everything because then it would be to easy!!
    Some brackets and know how , we keep this secret to ourselfs. SORRY !!!!
    But we GUARANTIE who ever is our costumer will be happy.

Scott
    Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 02-05-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Scott, Have you advertised in the "marketplace" on here? Click on forums & scroll down to the bottom. Read the rules first, but I think you can advertise services on there.

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    The best part about it is if used in a 1/2 ton truck ( they never got even offered as diesels)
    Ok... I gotta throw the B.S. flag now, as that statement is complete and total crap..... The 6.2 or 6.5 were available in any passenger truck from '82 (when the 6.2 was first released) to 2000. Pickup, van, Blazer, Suburban, Tahoe, motor home, 1500, 2500, 3500, didn't matter, as it was an option.
    Last edited by Joeairforce; 02-05-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

I stand corrected on this matter, they where an option. But not many out there. As long as this is the only BS in my post ..i am happy..lol

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Joe is correct I guess, but I'm no diesel expert.
    HOWEVER- nowadays those 1/2 ton diesels-and 3/4 ton- are POS now.(pieces of stuff).You can't find a "good one"
    Every 1/2 ton GM diesel that hits Craigs List here in New Orleans is absolutely a worn out piece of junk.
    The odometer shows over 200,000 miles, and it is frequently broken.
    Guess they were bought as work trucks-sold off as work trucks-3-4-5th owner-never loved like a family vehicle.
    GM made 1/2 ton diesels , but not possible to find one worth buying now.
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Dammit Daredevil, you really got me thinking now!
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax
    Max Effort Tuning by Idaho Rob - Goerend Transmission - PCV ReRoute - EGR Blocked - Plugged Resonator - 5" Diamond Eye Turbo Back - Tie Rod Sleeves - All On Mod - Edge Insight CTS - Recon Taillights, Cab Lights, & 3rd Brake Light

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyHD View Post
    Dammit Daredevil, you really got me thinking now!
    There is no better POWER...you can even run vegie oil after some mods..lol !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    There is no better POWER...you can even run vegie oil after some mods..lol !!!!
    ok so what would it cost me to put a 6.5 in my 2002 chevy 2500HD with bigger turbo and beefed up transmission and including labor?? Plus, do you offer any warranty?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 Last Post byLast Post by