GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Finally took some pics of my 89 suburban.

Today I changed out the tranny fluid, engine oil, put in some new ac delco platinum plugs, a K&N filter, flushed the radiator and man is that thing done. After a flush it only took in about half of the fluid it should have so that tells you how clogged up it is in there. When I took a flashlight to it all you can see is rust, gunk, rust and more gunk. My buddy at advance autoparts got me a nice 3 core replacement for 190.00.

I replaced the front differential fluid. I was kind of upset when I opened up the front gasket I got from autozone (cheap ROL brand, really thin). I could not get a felpro for it anywhere. Luckily the cover was not warped so the thin gasket along with some RTV black sealed very nicely. Next I think I will change out the heater hoses, radiator, and put some manual locking hubs in the front. Big plans are to replace some small cancer spots, paint it flat black with rhino liner from the trim line down, and have one of three talented welders I know weld me up some "mad max" style front and rear bumpers, and a nice safari roof rack.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Wow is that thing clean!!!! you wont find them like that up here in MN!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Nice man!!!! I've never seen any 89 burb that clean. I think the rhino liner idea would look great. How much lift you got?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I believe it is a six inch lift kit.

Florida is real easy on vehicles compared to snowbound states. If a car stays next to the ocean it rusts pretty quick...but inland isn't so bad down here. I am originally from N.J. so I remember what all that "snow salt" did to metal

Yeah I hear ya, the DPW in my town is, very generous with the road salt, to put it mildly. I usually fill a spackle bucket with warm water and splash it around my frame and any salt affected areas inbetween car washes.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Legend
    Blog Entries

LOL, I like the idea of the Mad Max bumpers & the Rino liner from the bootstripe down. Things like that will make it one of a kind & your own.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Jr. Apprentice

nice nice nice. That is one bad, clean burb.
    Greg-Wisconsin
    2009 Suburban lt2

Nice looking Burb!

This is the style bumper I'm considering building for mine...

Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

Legend

Blog Entries

Nice Ride!! It's got that "tough" look...which is very cool. The new tires look sweet as well. I don't know, it may the the tire/rim thing, but it looks like you have more than a 6" lift, which is awesome.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

BOTH NICE BURBANS !!!!!! I would stick a Turbo and intercooler on the 6.2 tho..lol

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast