GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Fender Flares on Silverado - Factory Option?

Hey guys, I've seen quite a few Silverado's like mine that have fender flares. Was this a separate option or did it come with a certain package? Thought it just came on Z71's but my buddies truck is a Z71 and it doesn't have them?
    2004 Silverado 1500 4X4 Extended Cab, Short Bed LS 4.8L Auto

Not sure if chevy has put flares on the NBS trucks.Most of the flares i have seen out there on the new trucks are aftermarket ones.Bushwacker pocket style flares are the flares i've seen the most on the NBS Chevy trucks.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Blog Entries

Some did get them from at least the dealer, as I also know people who would never put something like that on their trucks with them on there. It makes them look tough, though. Thinking of getting some for mine.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

You used to have plastic fender flares on the older Z71s but you don't get any sort of extended fender flares on the NBS (07-11) trucks... Z71 or not. Like BigBomber mentioend, they're a great aftermarket add-on and I know several people who have had it done. Most people have them color matched so they add a more aggressive look but still look almost stock. In my opinion, they're a must if you're going to go with a wider tire. Otherwise you look like a lowrider out of the early 90's with wheels that extend 4 inches out of your wheel wells. But that's just my opinion. Either way, they add a nice look with all of those bolt inlets. As Jimmeh said, some dealers MAY install them pre-sale but I'm pretty sure that GM doesn't install them factory. I personally have never seen a NBS truck at the dealership (that wasn't used) that had fender flares.

The O.P.'s signature says he has an '04, so I'm guessing he's not asking about NNBS trucks. Fender flares were a factory option on the NBS trucks, '99-'07 Classic, my '05 had them on originally but I took them off.
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Vincennes02261897 View Post
    You used to have plastic fender flares on the older Z71s but you don't get any sort of extended fender flares on the NBS (07-11) trucks... Z71 or not. Like BigBomber mentioend, they're a great aftermarket add-on and I know several people who have had it done. Most people have them color matched so they add a more aggressive look but still look almost stock. In my opinion, they're a must if you're going to go with a wider tire. Otherwise you look like a lowrider out of the early 90's with wheels that extend 4 inches out of your wheel wells. But that's just my opinion. Either way, they add a nice look with all of those bolt inlets. As Jimmeh said, some dealers MAY install them pre-sale but I'm pretty sure that GM doesn't install them factory. I personally have never seen a NBS truck at the dealership (that wasn't used) that had fender flares.
    My dealer has put bushwackers along with the lift kits and aftermarket rims on their new trucks and has sold quite a few by doing this.I love driving by there as they always have a new one that they have done up.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Sorry i didn't mention it guys, I was refering to the pre-NBS trucks.
    2004 Silverado 1500 4X4 Extended Cab, Short Bed LS 4.8L Auto

the flare were a factory option, textured black form 99-05 and paint to match or textured black for the 05-07 classic, weve replaced a lot of them at work, it just a few x-mas tree clips in the wheel opening and 2 sided tape around the edge
    03 Silverado 1500
    285/75/16 BFG's
    2 Blaupunkt 10" vW1000 subs in Subthump box
    ProComp Level Lift & 3" rear blocks