GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Performance camshaft

Im bored and after installing new bushings, ball joints, new front end chassis parts, shock hoop kit< i want to do a camshaft. What camshafts work the best for lifted trucks like mine? im running 37"s, hypertech programmer, open exhaust,and intake. There are tons of cams out there and I was wondering who has come across the best fitting cam.
    2004 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L,Diablo Tuner, K&N, 9" custom suspension lift, 2" body lift 3" cowl induction hood, 37" Toyo M/T's 18" incubus wheels. Comp Cams 212/218 lsa 114, E-fan. Dual shock kit, Es bushings, moog chassis front end.

Master Mechanic

Yeah I know what you mean. I want a high performance one for mine for when I do my exhaust.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

Sr. Engineer

Call or email one of the major cam manufacturers.. Comp cams has an online form you can fill out with your truck's specs and they'll suggest one that will work well for your application. Or if you'd rather do it in person, find a local tuning shop who can tune your truck for the cam you once you have it installed and see what they recommend. Even if someone on here had the same truck as you and said "use x cam, its great", they might use their truck on an off road trail where they need power off of idle so the cam is for that and it might not work well if you use your truck in sand dunes running above 3,000rpm all day, or if your truck never leaves the road and you don't want to lose a ton of fuel economy.

X2 on Greg84. where you drive and how you drive play major parts when it come to cam selection.
    2002 Chevy 1500 Ex-cab Z71: 5.3L, auto 4, shorties, hi-flow cats, true dual 2.5" straight pipes, AirAid intake, TBS, Platinum plugs, 8.5mm wires, programmer, 3in w/ 33s, also has the composite bed

2010 GMC 1500 Crew Cab Z71 w/ All Terrain package: 5.3L, auto 6, 2" Zone leveling kit, AirAid Jr. Intake Kit

x3. Those guys know best on what cams fit the application. Now if you narrow it down to 2,3,5 different choices (or brands), then I'm sure we can help you get to the right one for you.
    1986 Chevy G20 Tow Rig - 5.7 TBI conversion
    1978 Mustang II King Cobra Road Racer - Holley 650, MSD 6AL, 5 speed, 10 point Roll Cage, 9" posi, fuel cell, custom interior.

I was debating between TR220 cam and Comp Cams truck XFI cam used with programmer.
    2004 Silverado 2500 HD 6.0L,Diablo Tuner, K&N, 9" custom suspension lift, 2" body lift 3" cowl induction hood, 37" Toyo M/T's 18" incubus wheels. Comp Cams 212/218 lsa 114, E-fan. Dual shock kit, Es bushings, moog chassis front end.