GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Question Truck won't do a burnout !!!!

I have a 2006 silverado with the 5.3 ho z71 with 3.42 axles, aftermarket exhaust and a diablo predator programmer set on the 92 octane tune w/ torque management off and my truck will not do a break stand at all ! I'M PISSED ! what do i do to solve this problem ?

This should do the trick! If it makes your feel any better RedSilverado I can't turn mine over either

________2013 4C Rated__________

Real question is, why is it so important to do a burnout? What kind of tires do you have on it?
    Paul

lucky you...I have trouble not spinning the tires with my torque monster of a 5.7, tires and trannys get expensive..has the truck been sitting? sounds like it should have enough to at least spin a little..try some seafoam to give it a good cleaning..if that doesnt help, ajarman has a good idea! good luck with whatever you do
    Justin
    1990 Silverado Stepside

2003 Olds Alero-
    64,XXX

Have you dialed in your LTFTs with the Preditor? Or did you install just the 93 tune?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Between the Stiblatrack,ABS and the Computer They won't let you. But if you have a computer programer you should be able to turn off some things so you can..

Just one thing first... What kind of tires do you have? I want to buy Stock in that Co....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Between the Stiblatrack,ABS and the Computer They won't let you. But if you have a computer programer you should be able to turn off some things so you can..

Just one thing first... What kind of tires do you have? I want to buy Stock in that Co....
    Me too!!!
    And you have electronic throttle that is tied into the computer. The tranny is managed on a parallel circut. When you mash the trottle the rpms are held at a level just below where it will break loose. I had the same issue with mine and after research i realized that there really isnt a way to do it since the rear brakes are also proportioned to take quite a load since the drums are larger. Basically with the computer taking your imputs and realizing that you are trying to do something it isnt supposed to do then the computer just lets it hang.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by redsilverado1988 View Post
    I'M PISSED ! what do i do to solve this problem ?
    buy a big wheel !!! and learn to love the safety features you get with a newer truck !!

:fighting0037:
    when in doubt, doubletap !

- buying a new truck, one part at a time :grrrrrr:
    94 Blazer 4x4 k1500 5.7 L - aftermarket cold air intake
    Energy Suspension swaybar & upper and lower control arm bushings
    Pro Comp ES 9000 front shocks, new front drive axles,
    stainless front brake rotors & new pads,
    new Moog front end ball joints, Smittybilt black nerf bar steps,
    MB Racing rims & Hankook ATm off road tires

You should just be happy with everything the Diablo provides. Burning the tires just means you will have to buy tires sooner. Personally, I like going fast in my vehicles rather than being able to leave a little tread aka MONEY, on the ground when I take off. It's more fun to blow past those "sports" cars than to leave rubber on the road as they blow your doors off, just my opinion.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

Quote Originally Posted by redsilverado1988 View Post
    I have a 2006 silverado with the 5.3 ho z71 with 3.42 axles, aftermarket exhaust and a diablo predator programmer set on the 92 octane tune w/ torque management off and my truck will not do a break stand at all ! I'M PISSED ! what do i do to solve this problem ?
    Ahhhh, Lucky you! You probably have the famous "Drive by wire Throttle" that makes your truck dead flat from a standstill. You could probably add another 100 hp and still only get a squeak out of the tires.
    Now the good news, just bypass it and have fun.

2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext. Cab
    4.8l
    Edge Evolution Programmer
    GM Performance Cold Air Intake
    GM Performance Exhaust
    Bighorn Mud Tires
    Bed Rug Bed Liner
    Halo Spark Plugs

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by