GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Transfer Families

I would like to know how many of us have Transfered from the Avalanche to the Silverado.
    I once was a avid Avalance driver til the rear went, loving my Avalanche and couldn't find a nice one like her I stepped into the Silverado and only looked back a couple of times. Looking for the Mods that the Avalanche offered.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

WHAT!!!!!! Hey remember in the Av you can still pick up some 4x8's and keep them dry.... But in eather ride you will be happy....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Not a "direct" transfer since we actually swapped our 2004 Avalanche for our Tahoe, then added the Silverado later.

The versatility of the Avalanche is amazing- period. I have to say I prefer the Silverado a little but due to the ride and different handling. It is a tough comparison though since our '04 was 2wd and the new truck is a loaded out 4x4.

I know this will sound odd or maybe overly subjective, but the Avalanche seemed to "feel bloated" and soft compared to the truck all the way around. I guess part of it was due to the Suburban suspension, but the truck seems to even look cleaner and more taught than the AV.

/r

Allen
    2010 Silverado Extended Cab 4X4 LTZ w/Z71
    2008 Tahoe 4X4 LT w/Z71
    1987 R10 Silverado 2wd short-bed (Wonder-Truck!)

The only mustang in our house.... A NAVY MUSTANG!

The Avalanche has coil springs in the rear so they do ride softer compared to the rear leaf equipped Silverado's. I also agree they feel bloated when driving mainly on the highway. It's like everything else its what is important to YOU.

I like the look of them and considered getting the wife one,but she thinks they are too big.Hoping to get her a 4 door Colorado in a few years.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Well, the title of the thread threw me, but I'm subscribing.

Have had two Tahoes, will be upgrading in the next year. No more little ones, the back windows don't go all the way down. Was originally thinking Suburban, but maybe an Avalanche.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Quote Originally Posted by 2COR517 View Post
    Well, the title of the thread threw me, but I'm subscribing.

Have had two Tahoes, will be upgrading in the next year. No more little ones, the back windows don't go all the way down. Was originally thinking Suburban, but maybe an Avalanche.
    Well in the Avalanche Not only does the rear windows go down all the way But the Back Windocomes out and goes in the Midgate.. Open all windows and sunroof and it's like a Big Convertable

Quote Originally Posted by 2COR517 View Post
    That was a really nice thing about the AV; it is based (I think) on the Suburban so the 2nd row seats have plenty of room and the windows roll all the way down.

I was VERY pleased with our AV. Only reason we traded it was for the extra seating (8 total in our Tahoe) but the AV was one of the best vehicles we've ever owned. I would have looked harder at them when I bought my truck if they were comparable in price (truck is loaded and got a really great deal on it). You just cant beat it for comfort and versatility. I recall when they 1st came out thinking they were a gimmick and wouldn't last- I was dead wrong!

Only thing I wish was an option is a roll-down back window vice pulling it out and manually storing it. I'm betting it would be expensive to engineer (to keep it reliable and not leak) but it would be a cool and useful addition.

/r

Allen