GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default New guy with an 08 Silverado

Hola, new guy here, figured I'd share a couple photos, picked it up a couple weeks ago along with the Acadia SLE2 for my wife.

BGT
    2008 Silverado 1500 Crew-Cab Z71 4x4 LTZ 5.3L
    "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!"

Legend

Blog Entries

Nice looking rides and congratulations!!...hopefully the dealership gave you a smokin' deal on a two vehicle purchase.

PS. I really like the year of your truck....
    Last edited by mfleetwood; 12-28-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Nice looking rides and congratulations!!...hopefull the dealership gave you a smokin' deal on a two vehicle purchase.

PS. I really like the year of your truck....
    Thanks and thanks! Oh I had a great experience with them, got what I wanted for trade-in while wheeling them down on their prices, bought them three days apart. My wife loved all the features my truck had, heated seats, auto mirrors, yada yada yada, truth is I didn't honestly realize what I got (other than black, leather & 4wd) until she saw it and pointed out all the features.
    Last edited by BravoGolfTango; 12-28-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    BGT

Legend

Blog Entries

Yes...you have lots of goodies. You'll definitely be happy with your purchase for years to come. Plus I think GM makes the best looking trucks.

Mike (Denver, CO) - 2008 Sierra 1500 Z71 SLE 5.3L 4WD

SUSPENSION: Rancho 4" Suspension Lift; Rancho RS9000XL Shocks; Rancho Skid Plates; Rancho MyRide Wireless Shock Controller;
    TIRES:
    BFG All Terrain KO 315/70/17
    DRIVE TRAIN: 4.56 Gears; Detroit TrueTrac Differential; True Cool 40k Transmission Cooler
    PERFORMANCE: DiableSport Predator Tuner; Custom Tuned by Diablew; Magnaflow Exhaust; AFE Cold Air Intake
    ELECTRONICS: Kenwood DNX6180 Touchscreen; Subthump box w/10" Kicker; Driver Information Center (DIC); Rear View Camera
    ACCESSORIES: Westin Brush/Grill Gaurd; Westin Nerf Bars; Truxedo Tonneau; 20% Tint; Tow Mirrors w/Heat & Signals

Legend
    Blog Entries

Great looking truck! i like the interior!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

yes nice looking pair. esp the truck i wish i had an LTZ interior !

Quote Originally Posted by mfleetwood View Post
    Yes...you have lots of goodies. You'll definitely be happy with your purchase for years to come. Plus I think GM makes the best looking trucks.
    That's great to hear, I also think GM makes the best looking truck right now.

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    Great looking truck! i like the interior!
    Thanks, the woodgrain really topped it off for me.

Quote Originally Posted by randomsandwhich View Post
    yes nice looking pair. esp the truck i wish i had an LTZ interior !
    Appreciate that, wish it would have came with navigation, but my neighbor has a 2wd LTZ version with nav and he told me it sucks, but my wife got me a TomTom 540XL TM (Lifetime Free Traffic/Maps) for Christmas. I like the black wheels on black, looks stealthy.
    BGT

Welcome to the G M T C !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

VERY nice vehicles! And I do love that truck. Like the others have said, you ended up with some very nice rides that will hopefully provide you with years of service and enjoyment.