GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default what make factory am/fm/cd and speakers in 2011 silverado

I want to replace my speakers in my 2011 silverado LS I upgraded the basic system to add the cd player when I ordered it.....does anyone know the make of the dash unit with output specs and the make of the door and the rear speakers.....I am thinking of upgrading the speakers and possibly adding an amp to make a nice clean sound thanks

Are you asking the make of the stock speakers and radio? As for the output of the stock radio, It can't be more than 10 or 20 watts if I had to guess.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Delphi makes the radios, I can only assume they make the speakers though not positive. And nothing on specs but telorvehc said its not going to be much.

If your just upgrading door speakers, I wouldn't add an amp. The stock head units are not the best of sound quality to be pushing in amp unless to drive some subs.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Hi David..Glad to see a member somewhat close to me.. Any way They are 6 1/2 all around As for brand what ever GM can get cheap to put in there..The stock radio puts out about 13-15 watts. A good Aftermarket radio will give you 22 watts at best.. Good Speakers will want 30 Watt's + to sound good So a Small 4 Ch amp will do wounders for the sound.. There is a good shop in Newburgh,NY called Hollywood Sounds. If you need any other help please Pm me and maybe we can meet up there and I can help you out..

Glenn
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Hi and Happy New Year.......my wife and I go to a nice restaurant on the water in Piermont.......I bought my new truck in November had it for 2 weeks and fell off a ladder and broke 9 ribs.....I have been home recuperating and some days to pass the time I sit in the truck and listen to music......the stock system isnt bad but I still have my old truck that has an older sony explod receiver and speakers that I put in in 1998 ......that system sounds way better.......I am just trying to get some ideas so in the future I can upgrade ....I still can't drive and probably will not be able to for about 3 more weeks the I my take a drive to Hollywood sound and check it out.....

crutchfield.com has tools on their website for you to see what will fit in your vehicle. Here's what I came up with for a 2011 crew cab, you can adjust as needed for your vehicle type. Depending in what you want you may need an amp which they also sell. They have good customer service based on my experiences with them.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_400/All...akers.html?l=C

2009 Tahoe LTZ (Blue Granite ext/
    light & dark cashmere int)
    5.3L Vortec V8 6 speed trans.,
    HD towing, Leather interior,
    20" chrome wheels, chrome door
    handles/grill/mirrors, & CD/DVD w/Bose.
    2010 Silverado LT Texas Edition
    (Black ext/Light titanium-ebony int.)
    5.3L V8, 6 speed trans, HD towing,
    20" chrome wheels, chrome door
    handles/grill/mirrors, CD, Raptor 5"
    Magnum nerfs, & Speedliner bed liner.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by david12601 View Post
    Hi and Happy New Year.......my wife and I go to a nice restaurant on the water in Piermont.......I bought my new truck in November had it for 2 weeks and fell off a ladder and broke 9 ribs.....I have been home recuperating and some days to pass the time I sit in the truck and listen to music......the stock system isnt bad but I still have my old truck that has an older sony explod receiver and speakers that I put in in 1998 ......that system sounds way better.......I am just trying to get some ideas so in the future I can upgrade ....I still can't drive and probably will not be able to for about 3 more weeks the I my take a drive to Hollywood sound and check it out.....
    Sorry to hear of your fall.. If I can be of any help please let me know. And if your coming down to Piermont let me know...I am 2 blocks from town...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

I may add an amp at some point.....what do you think of Boston acousyic S65R 6 1/2 for the door and S75 for behind the seat....

Some of the above information is correct, but other information is only speculative. All of the speakers in the cab of the truck, with the exception of the tweeters in the A pillars, if included, are 6 1/2" speakers. They are usually branded with the Delphi name, but they are made by the cheapest bidder. The factory radio output at maximum is between 11-16 watts of power to the door speakers. There are aftermarket radios that actually put out 50 watts to the speakers, but it depends on the brand and whether they adhere to CEA 2006 guidelines. Pioneer and Alpine do, but some of the less expensive brands do not. Secondly, I would never hook up an amplifier to door speakers unless you are going to upgrade the door speakers to take in excess of 100 watts as the complications with RF interference and deteriorating sound quality, by adding extra connections where they are not necessary. If you want a subwoofer then an amp is necessary, but you can add a sub and simply switch out the door speakers without the need to amplify the door speakers. I have done this in all of my trucks, and I am extremely picky about sound quality as I install this equipment on a daily basis.

2005 Chevrolet Silverado, 5.3L V8, KC lights, grille guard, winch , wheel to wheel nerf bars, diamond plate bed rail caps, headache rack, bed toolbox, pioneer navigation, 1800w Kenwood amp, Alpine 12"sub, down fire box, BFG T/A KO load E tires, trailer hitch, remote start... one of everything.
    2011 Chevrolet Silverado, 5.3L V8, UMS wheel to wheel step rails, diamond plate bed rail caps, trailer hitch, Ipod integrator, XM radio, on its way to one of everything.
    MECP Silver Certified Installer

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher.Buck View Post
    Some of the above information is correct, but other information is only speculative. All of the speakers in the cab of the truck, with the exception of the tweeters in the A pillars, if included, are 6 1/2" speakers. They are usually branded with the Delphi name, but they are made by the cheapest bidder. The factory radio output at maximum is between 11-16 watts of power to the door speakers. There are aftermarket radios that actually put out 50 watts to the speakers, but it depends on the brand and whether they adhere to CEA 2006 guidelines. Pioneer and Alpine do, but some of the less expensive brands do not. Secondly, I would never hook up an amplifier to door speakers unless you are going to upgrade the door speakers to take in excess of 100 watts as the complications with RF interference and deteriorating sound quality, by adding extra connections where they are not necessary. If you want a subwoofer then an amp is necessary, but you can add a sub and simply switch out the door speakers without the need to amplify the door speakers. I have done this in all of my trucks, and I am extremely picky about sound quality as I install this equipment on a daily basis.
    There are aftermarket radios that actually put out 50 watts to the speakers,

Please tell me ONE Aftermarket radio that does this? In 20 years of building Show cars and working in the 12 Volt world in both the retail and Vendor side I have yet to see a Aftermarket radio put out any more then 25 Watts RMS..

Sorry had to Rant....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast