GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Power Window Motor Problem

I have a 2000 Suburban 2500. My driver window stopped working and is stuck in the open position. The other 3 windows work fine. I assume I need the motor. I did not see any individual fuses so I am thinking that since 3 work it is likely not the relay. Before I get started, what do you all think?

How much should a motor cost new. I saw them on O'Reilly website for $50-$55. Is this the way to go?

Also I am concerned about not messing up the door panel and the clips. Can anyone give me a sequence for removing the panel?

Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercat19 View Post
    I have a 2000 Suburban 2500. My driver window stopped working and is stuck in the open position. The other 3 windows work fine. I assume I need the motor. I did not see any individual fuses so I am thinking that since 3 work it is likely not the relay. Before I get started, what do you all think?

How much should a motor cost new. I saw them on O'Reilly website for $50-$55. Is this the way to go?

Also I am concerned about not messing up the door panel and the clips. Can anyone give me a sequence for removing the panel?

Thanks for any help.
    Double Check the Power Window Switch Connection at the Driver side Door just to be Sure you don't have a loose Connection......Below is a link with Step by Step with pictures on removing the interior Door Panel's,

Link,
    http://www.bodyshopzone.com/archives...move_brbn.html
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 12-29-2010 at 10:01 PM.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Legend
    Blog Entries

X2 on what Mike says. You don't want to spend money on a motor if it's only a loose connection or just the switch. Post back & tell us what you find. Also smth you might try is slapping the door panel while you hold the power window switch. This might tell you if there is a loose connection at the switch, & then slap it down low where the motor is, & if it stats working them it is either carbon build up on the motor brushes or loose connection
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

I have the same problem with the passenger side on a 2000 model but I can hear the relay click when I push the switch. Luckily, mine stopped working with the window all the way up.

Actually my driverside also clicks while I hold down the window button. I heard it the other day after I posted. So I am assuming that this means a motor issue.

Quote Originally Posted by osduck5 View Post
    I have the same problem with the passenger side on a 2000 model but I can hear the relay click when I push the switch. Luckily, mine stopped working with the window all the way up.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Thanks, I will try and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    X2 on what Mike says. You don't want to spend money on a motor if it's only a loose connection or just the switch. Post back & tell us what you find. Also smth you might try is slapping the door panel while you hold the power window switch. This might tell you if there is a loose connection at the switch, & then slap it down low where the motor is, & if it stats working them it is either carbon build up on the motor brushes or loose connection

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

99'Heartbeat, thanks for this link. That is just what I needed.

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    Double Check the Power Window Switch Connection at the Driver side Door just to be Sure you don't have a loose Connection......Below is a link with Step by Step with pictures on removing the interior Door Panel's,

Link,
    http://www.bodyshopzone.com/archives...move_brbn.html

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by silvercat19 View Post
    Actually my driverside also clicks while I hold down the window button. I heard it the other day after I posted. So I am assuming that this means a motor issue.
    The switch clicking, does not mean it's good. The click is the detent & the spring in the switch. If the click you are hearing is in the motor, then that's a different story & verifys the switch is good & the wire plug is still connected to the window motor, however the motor brushes could still just have a little excess carbon on them.