GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Just a side note.. If your XM or Sirius is turned off. And you want it back on fight with them a bit about price.. I have been paying $20.00 every 5 months for the past 2 years.. Thats all it's worth....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis69 View Post
    Mine is an 08 and after my one year of free XM I did not renew as it is not my daily driver. A couple weeks ago for the hell of it I tuned it to one of the XM channels and I still have XM. Not sure if I have all of the channels or not, but I have a lot of them!
    You still have it after a couple of weeks? I know sometimes they run little promotions where it's free for a week or so, but they don't give you all the channels.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Just a side note.. If your XM or Sirius is turned off. And you want it back on fight with them a bit about price.. I have been paying $20.00 every 5 months for the past 2 years.. Thats all it's worth....
    That's all it may be worth to you. If you are tired of hearing top ten pop and country & the same songs every hour, you may think it's worth a little more. I've discovered a lot of bands I've never heard of because of satellite radio. $4 a month is a good deal though, maybe I should haggle with them a little...
    -Sal

2008 Silverado 1500 LT 5.3L Crew Cab
    Desert Brown Metallic

Century top, Yakima roof rack, 2.5" front lift, Readylift 3" rear blocks, Line-x bedliner, step bars, AVS vent visors, Weathertech floor liners, door sill guards, power tailgate lock, tailgate damper, KC light bar w/ PIAA 525s, rear mini-light bar, rear LED reverse/utility lights, dual batteries (Cole Hersee isolator), DIC upgrade, 20" GM wheels, Cooper Discoverer A/T3s, 26 gal. onboard air (twin Viair 480Cs), Nathan Airchime K3HA / Old cast 2nd Gen. P3 Horns, Graham White valve, bell

Past Chevys: 1985 S-10 ext.cab, 1963 BelAir sedan

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis69 View Post
    Mine is an 08 and after my one year of free XM I did not renew as it is not my daily driver. A couple weeks ago for the hell of it I tuned it to one of the XM channels and I still have XM. Not sure if I have all of the channels or not, but I have a lot of them!
    XM was running a promotion a couple weeks back to get more peope to subscribe. They unlocked all xm radios for about two weeks.

I am actually on hold to cancel my XM right now....the service is great but the billing and customer service could be better ran by a 4 yr old.

I have issues every billing cycle - over charges etc.... oh ya they offered me 5 months for $20 then charged me for my normal quarterly charges after that - so they got my 20 for 5 months then wanted an additional $52 for "my service"......

The foreign customer service couldnt seem to grasp the concept that once you charge me 20 bucks for 5 months you cant charge me another 50 bucks a month later for service.

"Outsourced" is funny on Thursday night..........but its hell in real life.

If you cancel your XM be prepared for a swamp of phone calls asking to come back. Apparently XM didn't realize that one 1)XM doesn't work in other countries 2) I tell them to stop calling which resulted in even more calls. Eventually they stopped calling after six months and two e-mails.

I'm going to try Sirius when I'm back in the states more permanently... that is if Satellite radio is still around. HD Radio is taking a grab of the market now .. and its FREE

Legend

I have both HD and Sirius in my Truck Both are Great. And they are very much the same Ibiquity has the rights and part ownership in both. The only problem with HD Radio is that it runs with a lower Watt system So the station's don't go as far as Reg FM. They say that will change soon. The sound is better then Sat radio if you can tell the differance. Check out www.hdradio.com to see if your area has alot of station's by you...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I have both HD and Sirius in my Truck Both are Great. And they are very much the same Ibiquity has the rights and part ownership in both. The only problem with HD Radio is that it runs with a lower Watt system So the station's don't go as far as Reg FM. They say that will change soon. The sound is better then Sat radio if you can tell the differance. Check out www.hdradio.com to see if your area has alot of station's by you...
    Iam guessing these have commercials? Is it as bad as terresterial radio?

Yes they have commercials though I don't listen to radio much these days mostly my IPOD I do know with HD Radio, one station can have multiple stations on one frequency (I think). One thing I do like about HD Radio is that my DVD-Nav unit will display traffic backups, news headlines and a lot of other neat stuff where Sat Radio won't. It does it even without tuning to radio too !

Legend

It's called Muti Casting.. 1 Station can have up to 4 others.. like 1 here in NY 101.1 has 2 music Stations and one All news St from AM with out the hiss and great sound.. So I can hear 1010 wins AM on Fm and it sounds great.. Some stations do not have Commercials...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12