GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Question Rattle in tahoe headliner

HEY Guys I finally figured out where my rattle is coming from. It is coming from the headliner right to the left of my head in my 07 Tahoe. When I hold it down with my hand it stops. I have had the door checked and everything and finally figured out it is the headliner. I do not have a sunroof. I have seen some people say the fix for this is to shove some towels or shammies up in there. Does anyone have any idea's???
    If i did want to shove some foam or something up there how would I do that???
    07 Tahoe LT
    greystone metallic
    20' OEM LTZ wheels
    5% tint
    (more to come)

I've got the same problem....any help would be much appreciated.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Some double stick tape or foam.. It could be the wire harness going to the reading lights or the vents if you have rear AC..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Ive got an 05 Tahoe and mine did the same thing, my problem was a wiring harness that ran to the On star microphone, I snapped it back down in the tract and stuck a piece of double sided tape on it, no problems since. Hopefully yours will be as simple

I had the same problem with my 05 and it was cured the same way.

I had the problem in a 99 tahoe I finally shot "non-expanding" spray foam up there that worked for me

My 04 is making that same noise and I thought it had something to do with the sunroof. Thanks for the help