GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by stinger44 View Post
    Thanks Heartbeat, I managed to get around to replacing my speedometer motor today. Directions were very good. My struggles were with disconnecting the stupid cluster from the connector and getting the clear face off from the clips. lol

Other than that, my speedometer is reading 1.5-2MPH faster now (as compared to GPS) but that's no biggie. Probably didn't have the needle exactly on the mark when I put it back together.

Thanks!
    That's Great hear!!.....Your Speedometer being off, also may be due to a change in tire size....meaning if the Overall Diameter of your Tires Changed from the Overall Diameter of the Stock Tires that came with the Truck from the Factory.....that would cause your Speedometer to be off.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    That's Great hear!!.....Your Speedometer being off, also may be due to a change in tire size....meaning if the Overall Diameter of your Tires Changed from the Overall Diameter of the Stock Tires that came with the Truck from the Factory.....that would cause your Speedometer to be off.
    I suppose that could be true. I bought the truck used and it had new tires on it. I don't think the tire size is different but who knows. Thanks again.
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/ext cab and stepside bed.

Quote Originally Posted by stinger44 View Post
    I suppose that could be true. I bought the truck used and it had new tires on it. I don't think the tire size is different but who knows. Thanks again.
    The way to check to see if your Tires are Different from what they came with from the Factory......opening the driver door and there should be a White Sticker and on it will be......the Weight of the Truck...the Vin # Number and what Size Tires and Rims the truck had on it from the Factory.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

***EDIT****
    Sorry, I thought the write-up was yours. Found the original write up over on Trailvoy. I'll PM the thread originator.

Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    The way to check to see if your Tires are Different from what they came with from the Factory......opening the driver door and there should be a White Sticker and on it will be......the Weight of the Truck...the Vin # Number and what Size Tires and Rims the truck had on it from the Factory.
    Yeah, I'm aware of the sticker showing passenger tire size and inflation, etc. Current tires are the correct size. Like I said, not a biggie. It's only off by 1MPH or so.
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 w/ext cab and stepside bed.

Does anyone have information about replacing the backlight for the Gear Selector and also the guages?

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Any information about replacing the back lighting in the instrument cluster? For the gauges as well the gear selector window.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12