GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clgoch187 View Post
    im a painter at a local body shop and i can tell you clear coat does not adhere very well to bare metal of any kind. spray bombs are just cheap lacquerer based clears and arent very durable. you could have them powdercoated with a clear powder, its a bit pricey but its more durable
    Thanks CL, that was one thing I wanted to know about, was the clearcoats durability.
    I've never used it on wheels, only on underhood bits that I've made out of aluminum & underhood pieces are warm & dry most of the time, & aren't exposed to the grit & grime that wheels are.

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I never had a problem with it leaving lines or ridges, make sure you put it on evenly and not to thick.
    I used it on a set of Aluminium wheels on my rock crawler for about 3 years with no problems, only applied it 1 time and they still looked great when I sold them.
    At the time the truck was being used in Va. Beach, Va. we lived literally on the beach and I never had an issue.
    Ok Tim, thanks. I'm glad to hear that you have used it. I saw it advertised on Speed channel & it looked easy to apply, but either step 1 or 2 on their website said it had to be put on in straight lines as opposed to applying it like a wax & that would be impossible on these wheels.
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Default Thanks for taking time to discuss this

Thanks for taking time to discuss this. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog. I am looking forward some more information from your end, ití»s really helpful for me. I will bookmark your site to check if you write more about in the future. Please keep up the good work.thanks for sharing.iphone solar charger

If anything, i would get them powdercoated in a clear !!!!! All boat parts we use are like that and it takes a LOOOOOONG time for them to show sign of wear in the salt water !!!!

1996 Suburban K3500 SLT DUALLY
    1988 Camaro RS 383 stroker LT1
    1992 32' Aero-tek Race Boat, 600 CI BBC
    WE CAN STICK A DIESEL IN ANYTHING
    SPECIALIZED IN CUSTOM CONVERSIONS OF ANY KIND
    Scott:glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

Clear coat does hold up good to saltwater Scott. I've coated trailers, chrome bits, aluminum parts, outdrives & they've held up well, but the issue is the sand they use on the roads here in the winter, sandblasting the clear coat off. I don't want to have to sand them down every spring. The re-spraying is no big deal but the sanding & the prep is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12