GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Bloomstoday Flowers Review - Warning on 50% off ~ BLOOMSRWRD Blooms Rewards Today

Wow, i just bought some flowers from Bloomstoday.com and they advertise that there is a 50% off package, which is a big draw into buy. I figured it was just a flower discounter and they marked way up to then do 50% off.

Anyhow, to get the 50% off you have to sign-up to a MONTHLY $9.99 package where they will give you a nearly worthless discount card. But that's all hidden in the fine print that looks like the rest of the site.

Luckily for me, their bad website design let me to click "NO" I don't want to sign-up for this package (I think) and they charged me the full rate, which was probably more money than 1-800-FLOWERS. Then they hit me with a $15 service fee and another $5 fee for something else.

So, just beware what you're getting into. Especially when you're in a hurry and don't expect to get screwed when checking out. Gimmicks are so dreadful for a company like this! They're bound to crash and burn from the bad reviews I'll bet.

Be careful when you think you're getting 50% off - it's a scam to get you to sign up to a month package that's not worth .99.  What a crock.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

If it seems to good to be true....... you know the rest.

Well, their prices at 50% off still aren't all that cheap, so it didn't seem THAT good. Just warning people to be aware of what they're doing.

Just to update, I guess it was a mistake in billing. Those are annoying, but they did take care of the situation when I emailed them. I still do have a $9.99 "rewards card" activation that I will look at, but will probably cancel after the 14 day waiting period. Either way, it wasn't a true 50% coupon, there were and are strings attached to it, so just be careful when ordering.

Thank you for contacting our Blooms Rewards customer service department regarding your concern. A discount in the amount of $42 was credited to your account on 01/07/11 06:07:25. Your account will show a charge in the amount of $9.99 for the initial Blooms Rewards membership fee. The same account will show the credit you received for joining the Blooms Rewards program. Please note it may take 3-5 business days for the credit to post to your account
    On another note, the flowers look amazing, my wife loves them and they still look and smell great. They are high quality flowers for sure, so from that perspective, whatever local florist delivered them did a great job and they followed my directions for delivery too, which most of the time that's always iffy when you give special delivery instructions.

So:

Gimmicks: 1 stars
    Pricing: 3 stars
    Customer Service after an issue: 4 stars
    Flower Quality: 5 stars!

This is a scam company, I emailed them cancelling my "subscription" but it's still active, so I'm going to contact the Texas Attorney General now on this.

I am STILL getting these charges added to my PayPal account every month.

AVOID THIS COMPANY LIKE THE PLAGUE!