GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Upgrade Headlight Help

I need some help fellas!
    I just bought and mounted my new Anzo Usa 2007-2008 projector with halos with an HID kit, now the problem i have is with the mounting.
    for some reason the mounted bulb sticks out and is pressing up against a bar thats mounted to my truck, its causing the bulbs to be out of whack, so i can not adjust them properly so at night u can see how bad they are messed up.

i will upload some pics to show u my dilema

first are the pics that show the rubber protector cone cover up against the bar

heres the bar, front view

and this one is a back view

and these i pushed back the rubber cone to show the bulb up against the bar/bracket

i circled the bulb base.

if yall have any input i would greatly appreciate it, i need all the help i can get, i love the way it looks and i hope i can make it right.
    Jesse
    TX
    2008 Silverado

looking at the pics all i can think of is notching the bracket so that the end of the light will slide in. looks to be below the bolt so as long as nothing structural it may work.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

would that affect anything? kinda scuuured to mess with my truck like that. maybe very, very, very last resort.

I would agree with it being iffy and kinda a last ditch effort (I try not to do too much hacking on my truck either) just the only thing I could think of from the pics.. since it looks like a boxed in bar bracket with welds Im assuming it is for something structural. What does the bar go to? Unfortunately the HID's being a longer bulb make for a longer housing so you cant do much to the Light housing to fix that.

i was hoping that i could find a different bulb with a shorter base, but after talking to a few pros, they told me that all of them r the same length (im guessing they r right, i mean they r the pros), i also thought about cutting off the rubber , would affect anything?

Ok I think I see the problem a little better. you can get rid of the gromet you have circled. It is there to keep out condesation but those bulbs make a good sea against the housing so really shouldnt be a problem. I dont have the grommets making a great seal on the ones in my wifes car and havent seen an issue. that and originally I thought the larger part hitting the bar was hard plastic and not a rubber housing. So I would say yeah cut the grommet off of the wiring first and go from there.

well i think the red black wires and the gromet only add to the length(im hoping) im hoping that after(if it is ok) i remove the gromet i will have the little room i need, just enough to adjust them. i there has to be other on here with these same light on the same truck and i hope someone let me know what they did.

I am thinkign of the Anzo lights... let me know what you have figured out...
    2010 Chevy 1500 LT Z71 ext cab
    Line-X
    Cat back Flowmasters
    2" Zone lift
    goRhino dominator II step bars
    tinted windows
    BFG AT

ARMY STRONG