GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the club Justin......
    1988 Chevy C-3500 2wd (no pic)
    350 c.i. 5.7 L Stock Block, 4 Bolt Mains
    L-31 Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Cam & Intake,
    Holley 650, Flowtech Headers, Magnaflow exh.
    Jet Trans 700R4, B&M Ratchet, 4:10 gears,
    3" susp. lift kit "shadetree"
    No rev limiter, No speed limiter lol

Quote Originally Posted by jusstin4171 View Post
    thanks for the suggestion, but I've never been a big fan of Body Lifts... I'll eventually get a suspension lift and a leveling kit is probably going to be on order by the weekend.

Are there any known problems with the RCX 5" kit that lowers the LCA's? on GMFULLSIZE.com there are a LOT of guys that are running that kit and they all seem to be pretty happy with it.

BTW- Blackout07 your truck is SICK!!!
    Thanks for the compliment.

Body lifts on the GMT-900's looks great. They show probably less frame than the stock 2500's do and as long as you use some type of gap guards and raise the bumpers (which most kits come with all necessary parts) it's difficult to tell that they're there. I removed my spare and my hitch, because it's extremely rare that I tow so there really aren't any blatantly obvious indicators that I have a body lift.

Aesthetics aside, a body lift leaves the factory suspension completely untouched, which in the grand scheme of things is good. Especially when comparing it in terms of price and quality to any of the 3" "suspension" kits out there. Kits like the RC 3" and the Ready Lift 4" are incomplete and a waste of money IMO.

As far as the RC 5" kit, it's the best thing RC has going for it. I wouldn't buy it because I have been burned by RC's lack of quality and customer service but I think it's an okay kit.

Sr. Mechanic

Hey ajarman, Did you put anything in the back end on your '08?

Quote Originally Posted by ljmueller View Post
    Hey ajarman, Did you put anything in the back end on your '08?
    In the pic I posted..NO. I just ordered some 2" ReadyLift blocks and will be installing them very soon.

________2013 4C Rated__________

So a question.. what does raising the back after leveling the front 2" really do for u? Wouldnt it give it that "rake" look again?
    2010 Chevy 1500 LT Z71 ext cab
    Line-X
    Cat back Flowmasters
    2" Zone lift
    goRhino dominator II step bars
    tinted windows
    BFG AT

ARMY STRONG

I only leveled the front to fit larger tires with out the big cost of a lift kit. When I hook up to my trailer now or have a few hundred pounds in the bed, the truck looks weak. Putting some blocks in the rear will help with some of the sag from the load. Yes, some of the rake will be back but not like from the factory. I got closer to 2.5" of lift from the 2.25 level kit and the rear blocks are just 1" larger than factory rear blocks.

awesome... thanks for the pointer.

Sr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    I only leveled the front to fit larger tires with out the big cost of a lift kit. When I hook up to my trailer now or have a few hundred pounds in the bed, the truck looks weak. Putting some blocks in the rear will help with some of the sag from the load. Yes, some of the rake will be back but not like from the factory. I got closer to 2.5" of lift from the 2.25 level kit and the rear blocks are just 1" larger than factory rear blocks.
    thanks ajarman, I just ordered my ready lift 2.25 front and 3 inch rear for my '08 crew cab. Gonna leave the stock 18" Bridgestones on till they wear out, which might be quicker then normal once i have the lift on.( gonna want the 33's bad) I'm new here but i'll get some before and after pics up here for those who are interested.

after some reading i dont think i would personally go with anything other than Bilstein.

check link below as of WHY:

http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/...WebArticle.pdf

Skyjacker makes a true 3" suspension lift for the NBS trucks part # C7361PK-N. A picture of the 3" lift on a NBS is on there website. Put in yourtrucks info and the picture will come up.